Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The console numbers? Hogwartz clearly sold the most of any game in 2023.

Everything online say Larian doesn’t release that data. Just that it is over 10 million while Hogwartz is over 20 million. Harry potter universe is a cash cow:yeshrug:
Ohh. But still studios should be trying to copy bg3 as much as they are copying hogwarts. That game only sold because it’s a popular movie and book franchise that happens to make a better than average game.

Larian did numbers with a significantly less popular franchise and style of game

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought the graphics and animation look fantastic, how is anyone saying this looks last gen :what:

My only concern is it looks linear, I really hope it opens up like in inquisition

The graphics and animation don't look very good compared to recent open world games.

"Dragon's Dogma 2":

rLhDmio.jpg

MnLul0O.jpg

MxtOhAX.jpg

xG8cB6S.jpg

FrFP22T.jpg

FaZf7Vf.jpg

m5XuZY8.jpg

pFsGDuc.jpg

Fred.

I'll post some "Forbidden West" pics too, as soon as imgur.com stops acting stupid. The graphics in this game don't look awful but they do not look current either.

Fred.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Most of them videos come from people who never played the series/racist who love to call all these game woke & call out DEI and other buzzwords they like too use for clicks
The gaming community is a haven for racist trolls. They immediately zero in on the black characters, and bytch about the most meaningless things in the games. This game could have a perfect combat system, and they'll complain about the sword animation. :russ:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not sure about BioWare anymore when it comes to writing a story and dialogue :patrice:

I’ll cop this after launch if it’s decent

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alistair ain't gonna be in shyt going forward.
The gaming community is a haven for racist trolls. They immediately zero in on the black characters, and bytch about the most meaningless things in the games. This game could have a perfect combat system, and they'll complain about the sword animation. :russ:

Bolded is pure facts. They'll almost always find the nitpickiest of shyt to complain about breaking their immersion. :mjlol:

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Latest Game Informer - Starts on Page 28
:jbhmm:

heads up, there are story spoilers throughout

They really hype up the character creator, which has been one of the big selling points so far in this rollout. If Bioware is that confident in it, they should do like Dragon's Dogma 2 and release it ahead of the actual game. Quick way to drum up good publicity, memes, etc.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
heads up, there are story spoilers throughout

They really hype up the character creator, which has been one of the big selling points so far in this rollout. If Bioware is that confident in it, they should do like Dragon's Dogma 2 and release it ahead of the actual game. Quick way to drum up good publicity, memes, etc.
Speaking of which, I bought Dark Arisen from the PS store for $5 and so far it's been great. I never heard of it before and now when I finish it I'm going to buy the new one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Before starting the game proper, a playstyle screen allows players to customize various options affecting how Veilguard plays. Here, you can select difficulty, or playstyle as BioWare calls it, with options like "Storyteller" for those interested more in the story versus the combat, "Adventurer" for an experience that seemingly balances story and combat, and a difficulty called Nightmare – there might be more, but this is all I see during my demo. At any point during Veilguard, you can change the game's difficulty unless you select Nightmare, which is the hardest of difficulties. That's a permanent selection.
There's another difficulty option called Unbound, though, allowing players to customize their gameplay experience to their liking. You can adjust how wayfinding helps you in-game; there's aim assistance and even an auto-aim option. You can adjust combat timing to make parrying easier or harder, with a balanced, forgiving, and a third harder option. You can change how much damage your enemies do to you, and how much damage you do to enemies by adjusting their health. There's also an option to adjust enemy pressure. And, if you're not interested in death-related setbacks, there's a no-death option you can turn on.
"[None of these options] are a cheat," [game director Corrine] Busche tells me. "It's an option to make sure players of all abilities can show up."