Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
GPzV9SgaEAAllS9

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I'm impressed. Really. Game is beautiful. Combat is swift, fluid. My overall gripe with the gameplay footage is just, the game is TOO pretty. It's missing the grimey feel. Lime even after the battles with the monsters and demons, the characters still looked clean and perfect. Where is the cloth degradation, the blood on the face and weapons. Inquisition had that. After fights, your weapons, clothes and body would degrade with blood. A minor quirk but this shyt is too pretty.

Otherwise, day 1 cop. Preorder Deluxe edition. Romancing Neve

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
ability screen looks cool, but it's definitely dumbed down compared to being able to really pause and micromanage combat

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm impressed. Really. Game is beautiful. Combat is swift, fluid. My overall gripe with the gameplay footage is just, the game is TOO pretty. It's missing the grimey feel. Lime even after the battles with the monsters and demons, the characters still looked clean and perfect. Where is the cloth degradation, the blood on the face and weapons. Inquisition had that. After fights, your weapons, clothes and body would degrade with blood. A minor quirk but this shyt is too pretty.

Otherwise, day 1 cop. Preorder Deluxe edition. Romancing Neve

IIRC gore was an option in Inquisition that was off by default. Might be that it's off for the demo.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
The art style doesn’t look too different honestly. That was just a bad trailer they released. Game looks great

Fall 2024 a few months away. Game should be almost complete. Assume they’ll be aggressive with rollout. Bioware cannot have this game fail

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Eh.

This does not look like a current gen game, at all. And the art direction is shaky.

The game play looks like "Inquisition" basically, which I'm fine with. And I do like how this early section of the game immediately escalates things.

I am tentatively in.

Fred.

Thought it looks great. Harding upgraded big time

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Thought it looks great. Harding upgraded big time

The new pic obviously looks better but after playing "Dragon's Dogma 2" and "Horizon: Forbidden West" on PC....the graphics on this game look mid as hell.

It is an early build and the game doesn't come out for 6ish months, so it's fine. And even if the graphics look blah, as long as the game play is good I'm happy.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The new pic obviously looks better but after playing "Dragon's Dogma 2" and "Horizon: Forbidden West" on PC....the graphics on this game look mid as hell.

It is an early build and the game doesn't come out for 6ish months, so it's fine. And even if the graphics look blah, as long as the game play is good I'm happy.

Fred.

6 months is like nothing, thats bug testing phase. What we see here is what we’re getting

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

While I didn't get to play around with the character creator myself, I did get to check out the vast suite of options available, with Epler highlighting that "if you're someone who likes to dive deep into the character creator, you can pretty much adjust anything", including body customization and morphing. From more muscular characters, to curvier builds, and just about any shape you want to give your character, there are all sorts of toggles to adjust so you can give them any figure you want. There's even features that let you choose proportions, so you can alter their height, give them wider shoulders, and much more. All of the options are about "allowing you to build this character to someone that represents you, that makes you feel like you're in this world; whether it's a character who looks like you or a character who looks like somebody you want to play as."

Along with makeup and tattoos, extensive hair options are also included that use a "Strand system" to make them behave and move in a believable way for the different races. Epler even points out a feature I'm personally incredibly excited about: lighting options. I can't count the number of times I've made a character in Dragon Age Inquisition, only to race over to the Black Emporium as early as possible to tweak their appearance once I've actually seen them in the world; they often didn't look as good outside of the character creator screen. Veilguard looks set to address this directly by bringing in a new feature in the creator: "We allow you to change your lighting options," Epler says, "so you can see how your characters will look in different lighting environments." Yes please.