Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
What was wrong with it? Cgi cinematic trailer :yeshrug:
Don’t mind the art style. Looks more like DA2

Wasn’t expecting Fall 2024 release. Need to play inquisition again soon then

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

It looks even less like DA, and it’s just not a good first impression for people who love the series.
Just off of the trailer, it feels like its a different genre all together.…..the gameplay reveal will determine if I will skip this all together.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

The world of Dragon Age is pretty bleak to a fault

Almost every few years in game lore there’s some world ending event

And in this game an actual god is actively preparing for war so the light heartedness threw people off

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I used the Dragon Age Keep recently to try a best world states run.

Waiting for Tuesday's gameplay to see if it's all worth it though.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Varrick might as well be the main character for Dragon Age now:dead:

Only thing where was

Cassandra
Josephine

Or mention of the Inquisitor

Hopefully we get more info Tuesday

That's kind've par for the course with Dragon Age, though. The Warden from the first game been in the bushes for over a decade now. Hawke showed up for "What up y'all. Bye," ass appearance in Inquisition.

Varric, Morrgian, and Flemeth are closer to main characters of the series than any of the playable characters. :dead:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I used the Dragon Age Keep recently to try a best world states run.

Waiting for Tuesday's gameplay to see if it's all worth it though.
This reminds me I still have to finish my most current DA:I playthough

My current world state isn’t finished

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Them deciding in DA2 that... of all people, the main character of the series going forward would be Varric was...

look. I'm not saying that's where everything went wrong.
Correlation=/= causation, etc.

But... there's clear evidence of a concerning number of things that had been going right stopping right around that point... :yeshrug:

Them going with this motley crew Heist vibe is an interesting idea. And I'm not even against it. Lowkey, EVERY DA game has been 'assorted crew of people who shouldn't be involved with each other trying to stop darkspawn from destroying the world.

but... the implementation is going to be key here. And the first showing of the game since an overhaul people thought would bring a return to RPG form looking like this is... :picard:

I wanted a DA game more like BG3/KOTOR/DA:O
I would have even taken one more like TES5/F:NV/Tainted Grail
Looks like I'm getting one more like Overwatch/Valorant/Anthem.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I'll never get to catch a fade with the Tevinter Imperium :francis:
:russ:You will one the companion are a rebel against the Tevinter Imperium "Neve, a cynic fighting for a better future, both as a private detective and a member of Tevinter's rebellious Shadow Dragons."
Electronic Arts Inc. and BioWare premiered a new cinematic trailer showcasing a brand new cast of companions who will join players in their journey through Dragon Age: The Veilguard, an all-new single-player fantasy RPG experience coming to PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and PC in Fall 2024. Dragon Age: The Veilguard builds upon the pillars the iconic series is best known for, delivering a bold and heroic adventure guided by rich storytelling, fluid and strategic combat, companions and fellowship, and choices that matter. Tune into the official gameplay reveal of Dragon Age: The Veilguard featuring more than 15 minutes of gameplay from the opening moments of the experience on Tuesday, June 11 at 8:00 a.m. PT at the Dragon Age YouTube channel.

In this next chapter of the critically-acclaimed saga, players will step into Dragon Age’s newest fully-customizable hero, Rook, battling on the front lines alongside an extraordinary cast of heroes known as the Veilguard. Fellowship is central to the experience of Dragon Age: The Veilguard, with each companion entering the fray with their own storylines, motivations and skill trees. In this tale that will decide the fate of Thedas forever, Rook must rise up, rally a team and forge relationships to become the unexpected leader others believe in.

“Dragon Age: The Veilguard features some of the deepest companion storylines in Dragon Age history, navigating romance, tragic loss and complex choices that will affect relationships with players and the fate of The Veilguard,” said John Epler, Creative Director of Dragon Age: The Veilguard. “BioWare’s storytelling roots shine through every chapter of this adventure, and we are incredibly excited for Dragon Age fans as well as those new to the series to experience this crafted, character-driven narrative that is so intertwined with our studio’s DNA.”

Each companion in Dragon Age: The Veilguard brings their own expertise to the field of battle, summoning the grit to stand together and face impossible odds. Throughout their adventures, players can mix and match different team combinations of two of the game’s seven total companions at a time, to adapt to certain challenges and link powerful combinations that can turn the tide of any battle. The game’s cast of companions includes:

Bellara, a creative and romantic Veil Jumper obsessed with uncovering ancient secrets.
Davrin, a bold and charming Grey Warden who has made a name for himself as a monster hunter.
Emmrich, a necromancer of Nevarra's Mourn Watch who comes complete with a skeletal assistant, Manfred.
Harding, the dwarven scout, returns to the fray as a companion with her big heart, a positive outlook, and a ready bow – as well as unexpected magical powers.
Lucanis, a poised & pragmatic assassin who descends from the bloodline of the House of Crows, a criminal organization renowned throughout Thedas.
Neve, a cynic fighting for a better future, both as a private detective and a member of Tevinter's rebellious Shadow Dragons.
Taash, a dragon hunter allied with the Lords of Fortune who lives for adventure and doesn't mind taking risks.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
y'all remember them dudes dressed like steampunk ravens?

How they were all over the marketing material like they were THE faction?

three full-fukking-reboots later... them nikkas even gon be in the game now?! :why:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
But... there's clear evidence of a concerning number of things that had been going right stopping right around that point...
This would only make sense if DAI didn't carry over with DNA from Origins and DA2 combined.

DAI was slowed down and more tactical than DA2.

Hawke was a bloody afterthought, which pissed me off.

The downward spiral started with Mass Effect 3. That shytty ass ending.

ME Andromeda.

Anthem.

They been fukking up.

This also means the Inquisitor is probably gonna show up in a side mission to die or something off screen.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
That's kind've par for the course with Dragon Age, though. The Warden from the first game been in the bushes for over a decade now. Hawke showed up for "What up y'all. Bye," ass appearance in Inquisition.

Varric, Morrgian, and Flemeth are closer to main characters of the series than any of the playable characters. :dead:

The fact that Hawke could be sacrificed made me realize we are never gonna get that team up of all your custom characters from three games in the last game :mjcry:

Imagine having a party full of the silent Warden, sarcastic Hawke, one armed annoyed Inquisitor, and whoever this Mfer is.

So much history and potential quips :ohlawd:

But no, we get the C team of discarded hero shooter characters.