Dragon Age Inquisition is mad underrated

llt23

All Star
Daps
TBH now that I think about it, I dont think I finished the game so I cant talk about whatever pay off there is at the end of the game. Looked at my Origin account and I got 86 hours in it. Whats funny is that most of those hours are probably just me leaving it on to let those real time homie quests play out while I do other shyt. Either way I think with all that time put into it I can safely compare Origins with Inquisition no?? I dont understand why I cant be disappointed with a sequel when directly comparing it to its predecessor. I also bought DA2 and thought that was trash as well, but again I let it go thinking this one would be dope. Im not gonna say this is a bad game, I had a lot of fun with it, but I cant really tell you much about the story and what decisions I made cause I felt like it was lacking in that aspect. And definitely that timed stuff was a hassle, didnt like that at all.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn brehs I've had this on my backlog forever ya'll have me wanting to play it. props.

my favorite game of the current Genre and the game non-sports that I invested the most time in was Witcher III so if this is even 3/4ths as entertaining I'm all in.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks @Morose Zeitgeist @Mikey2Toes

What classes, race and difficulty yall where doing?

Im restarting on nightmare. I know pre skyhold is gonna be a bytch :francis:
Dual Wielding Rogue is probably the most fun I had in the game. Assassin and Alchemist (I think that's what its called) can pretty much break the game late.

My last run was a two handed elven female reaver. That shyt was :whew: on the hardest difficulty. Reaver probably was the most rewarding though. You gotta manage stamina to the pixel and block everything or you damn near die instantly. Fighting dragons solo with a reaver though :lawd:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
damn brehs I've had this on my backlog forever ya'll have me wanting to play it. props.

my favorite game of the current Genre and the game non-sports that I invested the most time in was Witcher III so if this is even 3/4ths as entertaining I'm all in.
It's 2/4 the game Witcher 3 was. It's still a "B" game, but it's nowhere near Witcher 3 levels (and I played all the DLC, including the last one, which is by far the best. It ties things up really nicely).

Here's a comparison. In Witcher 3, I wanted to do EVERYTHING. In DAI, I didn't.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's 2/4 the game Witcher 3 was. It's still a "B" game, but it's nowhere near Witcher 3 levels (and I played all the DLC, including the last one, which is by far the best. It ties things up really nicely).

I actually agree with this.

Dragon Age 3 has the biggest gulf between its high and lows that I've seen in an RPG this gen. There are times when it hits on all cylinders (every time you square up with a dragon for the fair one for example) to the lows (bullshyt sidequests that scream CHORE)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

Heart of Stone is better IMO. One of the best storylines of any game ever

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Heart of Stone is better IMO. One of the best storylines of any game ever
I was actually talking about the DAI DLC (I realize now how I wrote it wrong).

Yeah I loved the Witcher 3 DLCs. They were longer and better than most full games :wow:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The game was great IMO. The only people I really saw crying about it were these yokels that wanted to do nothing but hack and slash the whole time.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I want to restart as a Mage. This Reaver build kills shyt quick but it's pretty boring. :upsetfavre:The game is great, I like all the characters (:pacspit: Vivienne always got some slick shyt to say) but anything not the main quest feels weak.:manny:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game was great IMO. The only people I really saw crying about it were these yokels that wanted to do nothing but hack and slash the whole time.

You trolling right? The combat is 99% pressing the same buttons over and over again.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I want to restart as a Mage. This Reaver build kills shyt quick but it's pretty boring. :upsetfavre:The game is great, I like all the characters (:pacspit: Vivienne always got some slick shyt to say) but anything not the main quest feels weak.:manny:
Reaver was only fun on hard, with the option that makes all enemies stay at your level, the random boss thing enabled, and all that other random shyt

you'll crush everything otherwise.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
@42 Monks @Morose Zeitgeist @Mikey2Toes

What classes, race and difficulty yall where doing?

Im restarting on nightmare. I know pre skyhold is gonna be a bytch :francis:

My very first playthrough was on Nightmare and I was knight enchanter. The game became significantly less stressful as I became more powerful. However, until you make it to Skyhold and get to choose your classifications playing a mage on Nightmare is a bytch!! Most my battles consisted of hit and run guerrilla tactics and I died plenty of times but I was able to make it :whew:

But I think the game is totally different now they added that chest where you can share weapons,armor, etc between different playthroughs. shyt like that can make a world of difference if you have the right gear on hand. And some of the bonus effects you can add to gear can make you OP FAST, by allowing you acces to an assortment of skills from different specification trees.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Game had a ton of text and interactions and I was actively reading or listening to all of it and going after the interactions because of how much your selections impacted the story/how people treat you. I REALLY enjoyed this one, my favorite RPG so far this gen...until Persona drops.