Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Copped this a few weeks ago, game is dope. @daze23 they also dropped The Black Emporium today for single player. A bunch of weapons, armor, crafting supplies, and schematics in there.

Fred.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I've finally dived into this joint and I started off on Nightmare with a Qunari Mage. I'm a tall brown skinned nikka with silver horns.

I've reached The Hinterlands and :damn: this game is fukking me up!!!! I need to take it back to the lab :lupe:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've finally dived into this joint and I started off on Nightmare with a Qunari Mage. I'm a tall brown skinned nikka with silver horns.

I've reached The Hinterlands and :damn: this game is fukking me up!!!! I need to take it back to the lab :lupe:

:whoa:

I'm playing on Normal man, it's not too hard or easy. If it gets too easy I just go to a higher level area. Also there's 10 dragons to hunt that vary in level from 12-23.

You're wilding starting off on Nightmare, especially as a Mage. Although about 1/3 of the way through the game you get to change into another job....Mage becomes Rift Mage, Knight-Enchanter or Necromancer. Knight-Enchanter specifically is pretty beastly. I went human, Warrior, and my new job is Reaver.

The game is retarded big. If you got any questions, let me know.

Fred.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Copped this a few weeks ago, game is dope. @daze23 they also dropped The Black Emporium today for single player. A bunch of weapons, armor, crafting supplies, and schematics in there.

Fred.

What's the combat like?:patrice: is it like the Mass Effect games. Don't know if you played the first game, Dragon Age:Origins, but the tedious nature of it made the game unplayable to me.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yeah I've read the warnings of Nightmare not being a joke. I got a plan tho. I'ma tread lightly and do the easier quest to level up some and then proceed the main storyline.

Plus I've been reading up on advanced tactics online on what to do early like setting your Ranged characters to "follow" themselves so they stay in the back and letting your melee characters just taunt and tank.

Also dividing and conquering also seems to be essential for higher levels of gameplay. I can dig it, Ima eventually master this bytch.

I tried one rift in The Hinterlands and these nikkas kept burrowing underground and fukking me up :damn:

This thread bout to get some more traffic tho cause Ima post some of my trials and tribulations in this bytch.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's the combat like?:patrice: is it like the Mass Effect games. Don't know if you played the first game, Dragon Age:Origins, but the tedious nature of it made the game unplayable to me.

It's nothing like "Origins" or "Mass Effect".

Combat is kinda weird because you can do real time or turn based. I do real time. It's basically like "God Of War" if you're playing a melee job.

I don't mean with the depth of combos and shyt....I mean you got a "normal melee attack" button and then as you level up you get a bunch of moves and specials.

The combat doesn't feel like an RPG, it's more an action RPG. I'll just say that. Which might turn some old school people off but :manny: the world and history and lore is so in-depth I don't mind.

Fred.

Last edited:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I'm playing on Normal man, it's not too hard or easy. If it gets too easy I just go to a higher level area. Also there's 10 dragons to hunt that vary in level from 12-23.

You're wilding starting off on Nightmare, especially as a Mage. Although about 1/3 of the way through the game you get to change into another job....Mage becomes Rift Mage, Knight-Enchanter or Necromancer. Knight-Enchanter specifically is pretty beastly. I went human, Warrior, and my new job is Reaver.

Fred.

This game is dead easy once you get the mechanics down and I started on hard. Mage(especially spirit + ice) is one of the "best" class to start with as Barrier abuse is priority #1 (tied with guard). Only thing more potentially abusive is Vanguard based Warriors.

ETA: Also abuse potions. Once you get enough herbs for Regen to become good, and Rock Armor early for mages you can survive some brutal encounters

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
Knight Enchanter pretty much messed the game up for me. it's impossible to die.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bumped it up to Nightmare, but I explored so much before continuing the main plot that I'm level 25 steam rolling the fukk out of everything relevant to the story. :francis:

Oh well I'll continue to play for the story and atmosphere.

Fred.