Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Game is fun as hell. When I found out that Dorian guy was fruity I got into an argument with him cause I never took him with me on journeys and said some shyt about needing his help. I told his bytchass I don't like you, I don't want you help. And he replied he needed to be here he atleast needed to watch me kill the corypheus guy. I told him to :camby: and booted his fakkit ass out. Cant have no booty bandit fukkin up my inquisition.

:usure:
Hope you plan on kicking out Iron Bull then.
I liked Dorian, though. Convinced him & his pops to work it out.
It was Krem that annoyed me, primarily because there was no depth to Krem whatsoever.
Character was simply defined by the fact they were transgendered.
Not the case with Dorian. His character had layers and was interesting.
Bull got all defensive about Krem being a woman who believes she's a man.
Hit me with some condescending drivel about
"I have horns. You have a mark on your hand that closes rifts. I DON'T THINK THAT WE'RE IN ANY POSITION TO BE JUDGING ANYBODY!" :mad:
I had only asked a simple question but that came from Bioware's soul and they were more concerned with playing politics than making a compelling character.
It was really corny and contrived.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
On another note, I guess this explains how Leliana is still alive & well in Inquisition even if she died in DA:O.
From the lead writer...

image1.jpg

Tldr:
"fukk your continuity. "
:heh:

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
I just got this game

I am a newbie to dragon age lore

when do I fight dragons and how do can get a sword while being a mage ( I heard it's possible in this)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So that whole thing went over your head? The point was video games are made for more people than just you and the other people they were made for might be different than you.
I'm agreeing with his satirical stance about hetero relationships in the game. but my reasoning isn't the same as what he was getting at

like I said a few pages back, it's just weird (to me) that this game basically ends up pushing indiscriminate promiscuity. it's kind of the problem of trying to have a system like this in video games: it boils down to a formula of choices that lead to sex. IMO it's a few steps away from thinking that a girl owes you sex because you bought her dinner. then there's also your companions' banter about their sexual interactions

maybe bioware wanted there to be some level of sophistication in their relationship system, but IMO the end product just boils down to "everyone's fukking". I'm not even a particularly prude person, but never the less "I don't need that shyt in my video games..."

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I did everything in the Hinterlands but I can't kill that fukkin dragon yet :damn:

What do I gotta do? I'm level 13 and playing on hard mode. Are any of the other dragons easier to kill, I'm ready to put in work but I keep gettin that work instead.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm agreeing with his satirical stance about hetero relationships in the game. but my reasoning isn't the same as what he was getting at

like I said a few pages back, it's just weird (to me) that this game basically ends up pushing indiscriminate promiscuity. it's kind of the problem of trying to have a system like this in video games: it boils down to a formula of choices that lead to sex. IMO it's a few steps away from thinking that a girl owes you sex because you bought her dinner. then there's also your companions' banter about their sexual interactions

maybe bioware wanted there to be some level of sophistication in their relationship system, but IMO the end product just boils down to "everyone's fukking". I'm not even a particularly prude person, but never the less "I don't need that shyt in my video games..."
you can play the chaste hero.

you might like to romanticize real life but real interactions with people you're sexually pursuing in general are just a series or choices that either gain or lose approval and lead to sex or not as they are in this game. the difference is in this game its scripted in real life outside your own intuitiveness you don't know the correct choices to guarantee sex.

As for the companions talking about sex people in close circles have sex with each other. shyt happens. co-workers for example fukk. some are more discrete than others.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
On another note, I guess this explains how Leliana is still alive & well in Inquisition even if she died in DA:O.
From the lead writer...

image1.jpg

Tldr:
"fukk your continuity. "
:heh:
complaining about choice in a video game is laughable. It's a bunch of code somebody else pre-programmed. the only options you have are the ones they give you. choice is an illusion in a video game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you can play the chaste hero.

you might like to romanticize real life but real interactions with people you're sexually pursuing in general are just a series or choices that either gain or lose approval and lead to sex or not as they are in this game. the difference is in this game its scripted in real life outside your own intuitiveness you don't know the correct choices to guarantee sex.

As for the companions talking about sex people in close circles have sex with each other. shyt happens. co-workers for example fukk. some are more discrete than others.
I wouldn't particularly enjoy listening to my co-workers talking about lastnight's homo booty sex either :scusthov:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
once i sealed the deal with josephine, the flirt options with harding stopped. harding would be a perfect side dish...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wouldn't particularly enjoy listening to my co-workers talking about lastnight's homo booty sex either :scusthov:
and the point of his rant is everything in this game isn't necessarily tailor made to your enjoyment.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
and the point of his rant is everything in this game isn't necessarily tailor made to your enjoyment.
am I supposed to enjoy something I don't enjoy?

it's just my opinion on that aspect of the game. it doesn't bother me that much, or stop me from liking the overall game

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
am I supposed to enjoy something I don't enjoy?

it's just my opinion on that aspect of the game. it doesn't bother me that much, or stop me from liking the overall game
It's like going to a buffet it you don't like peas you don't get them and if they give you a ready made plate with peas on them you don't eat them. I don't care to hear Dorian and Iron Bull talking about fukking either but if they do I'll just tune it out and keep playing.