Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've never played a Dragon Age before...but I copped this one because I need an RPG for my PS4 and I hear good things. Bout to scan through this thread for tips and tricks for what I'm about to get into...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Probably figured it out by now but you're stuck.
I had to go back after two hours in and redo my character because I decided the voice (2) and class I chose (warrior) didn't fit him at all.

Yeah, I realized that and went back again. :mjcry: I went back to male again and instead of a black dude like last time I said fukk it and made a character that fits the first voice option. So it's a Puerto Rican looking type dude with a British accent or King Henry VIII from the Tudors but with a heavy ass tan :deadmanny:

Last time I'm doing this though. I'm still not deep yet but I've closed two rifts so far but the third one in the Hinterlands is kicking my ass it has these fire demons that come out of it setting my whole crew on fire. Only Solas can do damage with his ice staff. I'm gonna leave it alone and come back to it when I get more brolick. For now I'm just doing the easier shyt that expands the Inquisitions influence.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
As a black male mage I feel like I'm representing #blackexcellence :blessed:

Yeah, I realized that and went back again. :mjcry: I went back to male again and instead of a black dude like last time I said fukk it and made a character that fits the first voice option. So it's a Puerto Rican looking type dude with a British accent or King Henry VIII from the Tudors but with a heavy ass tan :deadmanny:

Last time I'm doing this though. I'm still not deep yet but I've closed two rifts so far but the third one in the Hinterlands is kicking my ass it has these fire demons that come out of it setting my whole crew on fire. Only Solas can do damage with his ice staff. I'm gonna leave it alone and come back to it when I get more brolick. For now I'm just doing the easier shyt that expands the Inquisitions influence.

I was around level 4/5 when I closed that rift that you're talking about. I went east first, northeast, then southeast, and by then I was able to close it. It's because those guys are level 8. The game's good but weird since there's no healing.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I was around level 4/5 when I closed that rift that you're talking about. I went east first, northeast, then southeast, and by then I was able to close it. It's because those guys are level 8. The game's good but weird since there's no healing.

Yeah, that is kind of frustrating that your party members can't heal you or themselves. :dahell: Would have been convenient to have that when I was getting stomped at the particular rift. At least the Pawns in Dragon's Dogma had your back :mjcry: In this game I gotta switch characters and make sure these dudes drink their potions.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's pretty easy to fast-travel to a camp and re-up on potions

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Yeah, that is kind of frustrating that your party members can't heal you or themselves. :dahell: Would have been convenient to have that when I was getting stomped at the particular rift. At least the Pawns in Dragon's Dogma had your back :mjcry: In this game I gotta switch characters and make sure these dudes drink their potions.

I was hoping they would learn from them. :snoop: Too many times in 2 I had to disable my mages from hitting dragons with fireballs.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

:dwillhuh:No way to replenish your hp?​

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I thought I was the only one :krs:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I thought I was the only one :krs:

:mjcry: There's another one that's even worse on the Farms. It has this demon that shoots ice rays at you that kill you in about 2 seconds and level twelve monsters. I'm trying to get stronger but it's rough.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: There's another one that's even worse on the Farms. It has this demon that shoots ice rays at you that kill you in about 2 seconds and level twelve monsters. I'm trying to get stronger but it's rough.
Wait a second, I think that's the one I'm having trouble with actually :patrice:

I actually initially killed both them faggits...then they respawned with 5 of those fukkers :damn:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
In this game I gotta switch characters and make sure these dudes drink their potions.

you can setup their 'behaviors' to have them drink potions at certain times. I think the default is they drink one when they have less than 20% health, as long as there's more than two potions left

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Wait a second, I think that's the one I'm having trouble with actually :patrice:

I actually initially killed both them faggits...then they respawned with 5 of those fukkers :damn:

I didn't even get to kill any of them dudes :why: I find it funny that the two rifts you have to close at the Farm one of them is easy and the other one is beast mode hard. Oh well, I got the horse now and I'm helping out the farmer on the War table. I'll come back and clean that place up :birdman:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:dwillhuh:No way to replenish your hp?​

You can drink potions but that's about the only way you can regain HP. You can set up barriers that prevent you from taking damage but they seem to break down quick. The best way to use them is right when someone's about to get hit by a big move