DRAFTSZN: The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread (April 29 - May 1)

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I finally finished watching Wilson tape.

He gets compared to a lot of guys like Mahomes, Manizel, Favre, and Rodgers, and rightfully so but he's better than those guys as a prospect but he doesn't have those guys potential either due to just having solid arm strength but he does have tremendous RPMs on the ball like the player he's closest to as a prospect, Baker Mayfield. He's a high-level passer who has elite arm talent, who's pretty good in a clean or messy pocket.

Both Baker and he have a 1st round grade and Baker was my unquestionable 1st overall pick in his class while Wilson is tied for 3rd in this class, that's pretty damn good considering this is the best QB class since 1983.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/if-...ker-mayfield-theyre-officially-idiots.605499/
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/in-...ed-baker-mayfield-and-patrick-mahomes.661941/

Mayfield v. Wilson - Same overall grade as prospects-

Mayfield - Better size due to bulky frame, composure, leadership, plays within himself more, stronger, feel for the game, doesn't throw at his 1st option anywhere near as much as Wilson.

Wilson - Faster, arm talent, ball placement, overconfident (good and bad), playmaking, height, body control on the move.

Similarities - Accuracy, arm strength, footwork, throwing outside of the pocket, Football IQ, scorers although we have seen Mayfield develop into a shooter who can score in the NFL, and both have elite college tape.

Wilson like Mayfield will have a lot of good and bad as a rookie. Wilson will likely have more success early on due to his playmaking in year 2/3 but long term, things will even out. Both players have Pro Bowl potential with All-Pros being a possibility.

I can see why a lot of scouts like Wilson more than Fields. That said, for me, Fields' floor is just much higher even if his ceiling isn't as high as Wilson long term. Lance is better than both long-term and it's not close. Short term, he needs some time so I clearly see why some will value Wilson and Fields over Lance but overall, Lance has it all.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
So far I completed Lawrence, Lance, and Jones tape. Still working on Fields' Soph tape, finished his Jr. tape.

Trevor's improvement from his Soph to Jr year was impressive. He improved on a lot of areas he was weaker at in his Soph season. He's as complete as they come in terms of QB prospects. He's not the most physically gifted, not the most athletic, not even the best leader or passer but his combination of everything at a high level makes him just difference. I've never seen a prospect like him. One of a kind. Not a system versatile QB, that's my cause of concern. Top 10 grade. I expect him to be the #1 overall pick in any draft.

Lance is one of those rare prospects. As a passer, he's a decent prospect with the potential to be pretty good. He's accurate but he lacks good ball placement, tremendous arm strength but doesn't throw a tight spiral, tremendous footwork, and foot speed but he does not like to manipulate the pocket and his footwork consistency is poor. But there is a lot to like as a passer. His pre-snap reads are impressive. Not quite the passer that Easton Stick was or Wentz at NDSU but he has the potential to be very good as a passer. He's a better passer than Jalen Hurts or Kaep. Similar to Jimmy Garoppolo as a prospect passing-wise potentially. Jimmy was far more advanced passing-wise as a prospect.

As a runner, he's one of a kind. Carrying skills, RB vision, strength, decent elusiveness, very good speed with very good top-end speed, rarely fumbles, great hands, great ball transferring skills, just a freakish runner with the football. I don't know who to compare him to running-wise. It's easy to say mini Cam but he's a much better runner than Cam was, not the same explosiveness or elusiveness but that's about it. Easily, my favorite runner QB I've seen as a prospect. His potential is insane. Highest in the draft but he's going to need time. He didn't one much due to COVID and his passing like Jimmy's is unrefined but there is a lot to work with. 1st round grade. I expect him to be a top 5 pick.

Jones is going to move up the board once the coaches get their hands on him. You already see that Carolina has interest at #8. He's going to have to redshirt as he just doesn't have the tools to win games yet and needs to win them from the neck up. That will take time. There is a chance in year 4-5, he starts catching up to the others and he's seen as a tremendous QB prospect as well. His floor is low because pocket passers need time but his ceiling is high. I've compared him to Phillip Rivers but he does have shades of Tom Brady. He will need time to develop. Patience is key. Late 1st grade. I expect him to be a top 10-15 pick.

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
if youre a team that needs a LT do you give up your 1st to the Ravens for Zeus Jr or take a shot in the draft?:patrice:
you essentially have to count him as a draft prospect if all he's gonna cost is a single 1st rounder

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
if youre a team that needs a LT do you give up your 1st to the Ravens for Zeus Jr or take a shot in the draft?:patrice:
you essentially have to count him as a draft prospect if all he's gonna cost is a single 1st rounder
Is the cost really a 1st tho? Or more?

And you gotta weigh the contract too, but he's a sure thing a draft pick is a crap shoot

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I finally finished watching Wilson tape.

He gets compared to a lot of guys like Mahomes, Manizel, Favre, and Rodgers, and rightfully so but he's better than those guys as a prospect but he doesn't have those guys potential either due to just having solid arm strength but he does have tremendous RPMs on the ball like the player he's closest to as a prospect, Baker Mayfield. He's a high-level passer who has elite arm talent, who's pretty good in a clean or messy pocket.

Both Baker and he have a 1st round grade and Baker was my unquestionable 1st overall pick in his class while Wilson is tied for 3rd in this class, that's pretty damn good considering this is the best QB class since 1983.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/if-...ker-mayfield-theyre-officially-idiots.605499/
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/in-...ed-baker-mayfield-and-patrick-mahomes.661941/

Mayfield v. Wilson - Same overall grade as prospects-

Mayfield - Better size due to bulky frame, composure, leadership, plays within himself more, stronger, feel for the game, doesn't throw at his 1st option anywhere near as much as Wilson.

Wilson - Faster, arm talent, ball placement, overconfident (good and bad), playmaking, height, body control on the move.

Similarities - Accuracy, arm strength, footwork, throwing outside of the pocket, Football IQ, scorers although we have seen Mayfield develop into a shooter who can score in the NFL, and both have elite college tape.

Wilson like Mayfield will have a lot of good and bad as a rookie. Wilson will likely have more success early on due to his playmaking in year 2/3 but long term, things will even out. Both players have Pro Bowl potential with All-Pros being a possibility.

I can see why a lot of scouts like Wilson more than Fields. That said, for me, Fields' floor is just much higher even if his ceiling isn't as high as Wilson long term. Lance is better than both long-term and it's not close. Short term, he needs some time so I clearly see why some will value Wilson and Fields over Lance but overall, Lance has it all.
My issues with Lance is extremely long time to get rid of the ball and throwing into tight windows. Never finna have the separation his receivers had in college in the NFL

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
My issues with Lance is extremely long time to get rid of the ball and throwing into tight windows. Never finna have the separation his receivers had in college in the NFL
I think guys are banking that his athletic ability is gonna bridge the gap and get away with that, but you know how that goes in the NFL. I think in the right situation he can excel though. And it depends on him developing as a passer during that time IMO