DRAFTSZN: The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread (April 29 - May 1)

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
My issues with Lance is extremely long time to get rid of the ball and throwing into tight windows. Never finna have the separation his receivers had in college in the NFL

I think guys are banking that his athletic ability is gonna bridge the gap and get away with that, but you know how that goes in the NFL. I think in the right situation he can excel though. And it depends on him developing as a passer during that time IMO

Is Jordan love an accurate comp for Lance in yall opinion?

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Ive heard some comps of Josh Allen which I dont even think is right. Allen had a better arm, and Lance is a slightly better athlete. And Allen got really accurate this season somehow.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My issues with Lance is extremely long time to get rid of the ball and throwing into tight windows. Never finna have the separation his receivers had in college in the NFL
His guys didn't always get separation in ranked games. I would say if you look at his stuff side by side with DeShaun, Watson guys got open a lot easier.
He gets the ball out decently to me. Clearly, doesn't have the quickest release, similar to McNair's release.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Steve McNair as a prospect is an accurate comp. Lance is further along especially for the mental side of the game as well as his development as a passer. As a runner, he's more advanced than Steve as a prospect as well. He's basically a rich man's Steve McNair as a prospect.

Not sure what a good comp for Jordan Love is. He was pretty awful on film but his ball placement was golden more times than not. If I had a comparison for Jordan Love, it would be Zach Wilson in his Soph year. He also had special arm talent as a prospect.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
SP never drafting a LSU player after he and Coach O got into it

full
Tell me that is not true, breh.

So at LB, instead of drafting the Deion Joneses or Devin Whites from LSU, we are stuck drafting the Autozones because of some petty bullshyt? :snoop:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Steve McNair as a prospect is an accurate comp. Lance is further along especially for the mental side of the game as well as his development as a passer. As a runner, he's more advanced than Steve as a prospect as well. He's basically a rich man's Steve McNair as a prospect.

Not sure what a good comp for Jordan Love is. He was pretty awful on film but his ball placement was golden more times than not. If I had a comparison for Jordan Love, it would be Zach Wilson in his Soph year. He also had special arm talent as a prospect.

You think he's that good?
McNair was before my time so all I got is what others have said about him.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You think he's that good?
McNair was before my time so all I got is what others have said about him.
Sure do. QB2 on my big board.

McNair was raw as well. Lance is more advanced and a better runner. Both players need a redshirt, McNair more than Lance.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

some of this lance tape is :scust:he cant possibly start this year for a NFL team imo

Jack Hammer been adamant to show his negative stuff while dismissing his positive. It's cool to do so for every prospect but I notice he only does this for Lance. It's disgusting and Nolan Nawrocki behavior at best. I watched everything I can get my hands on for all of these prospects but Hammer tends to have the biggest bone to pick with Lance. He even used his scouting game to be James Madison when everyone knows, JMU and UCA was his two worst passing games by all of the metrics and eye test. I hate guys like him. At least be reality. You don't go to the VT game for Trevor. You don't go to the NW game for Fields unless you dislike him. You don't go to the games against Pac 12 schools or the Coastal Carolina game for Wilson. To me, it's bytchmade behavior when you single out shyt like this for one guy and not the others. I've blocked Jack Hammer's content until he shows balance. Since the Cam takes, I've banned Nolan Nawrocki and just wrote him off as racist and refuse to listen to his take.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

some of this lance tape is :scust:he cant possibly start this year for a NFL team imo

Looks a lot like some of the Herbert tape from his final year at Oregon that had people swearing the same thing.

The notion that these talented kids with mobility and big arms can't start from year one is dead, we're seeing time and time again that their decision-making, accuracy and mechanics can be fine-tuned with proper guidance and coaching. Doesn't mean they won't struggle or take their lumps, but the days of sitting a highly touted QB prospect in his rookie year because "he's not ready" are over.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Jack Hammer been adamant to show his negative stuff while dismissing his positive. It's cool to do so for every prospect but I notice he only does this for Lance. It's disgusting and Nolan Nawrocki behavior at best. I watched everything I can get my hands on for all of these prospects but Hammer tends to have the biggest bone to pick with Lance. He even used his scouting game to be James Madison when everyone knows, JMU and UCA was his two worst passing games by all of the metrics and eye test. I hate guys like him. At least be reality. You don't go to the VT game for Trevor. You don't go to the NW game for Fields unless you dislike him. You don't go to the games against Pac 12 schools or the Coastal Carolina game for Wilson. To me, it's bytchmade behavior when you single out shyt like this for one guy and not the others. I've blocked Jack Hammer's content until he shows balance. Since the Cam takes, I've banned Nolan Nawrocki and just wrote him off as racist and refuse to listen to his take.
:dwillhuh: this dude is a 49er blogger, you saying you knew who he was before I posted this?

I don't know, from watching tape he's like a poor version of Kaep. Kaep started mid second season. Kaep was also drafted in the second round.

Lance is by far the qb who needs most development out of the first round guys imo.