DRAFTSZN: The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread (April 29 - May 1)

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I mean, shyt, if that's how we judge who's the best player in a draft, you could argue @smitty22 in that essence.

I just think immediate impact on winning would be more of a tool to that measure that by.

So, if you're a GM somewhere, no matter the team, Sewell is #1 on your big board?
#1 player on the big board doesn’t always translate to being the top pick. Sewell is said to be the best tackle prospect since Joe Thomas, I would have a hard time taking receiver over that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not that excited for this draft. Its better than 2019 and 2020 but not up to what we saw in 2017 and 2018. With that said, there are a few players I really like and think will be ELITE.

At QB, I think the best two are Trey Lance and Zach Wilson. I have Trey Lance as the #1 QB available and Zach Wilson as the #2 QB. Trevor Lawrence (while overrated) is still a really good QB prospect. He's my #3. And finally Justin Fields is at #4. He'll also be a good NFL QB. But I don't think his ceiling is as high as Trey Lance. At RB, I like Najee Harris. He's the only elite player I see at that position. At WR, I have Jaylen Waddle #1, followed by Ja'Marr Chase at #2, and Devonta Smith at #3. Waddle is the most explosive athlete in this draft which is why he's my #1 WR.

I haven't evaluated the other positions that much but I don't see much in the way of talent on the defensive side. There are no game-changing pass rushers like Myles Garrett or shut down corners like Derek Stingley Jr. (who will be coming out next year).

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I'm not that excited for this draft. Its better than 2019 and 2020 but not up to what we saw in 2017 and 2018. With that said, there are a few players I really like and think will be ELITE.

At QB, I think the best two are Trey Lance and Zach Wilson. I have Trey Lance as the #1 QB available and Zach Wilson as the #2 QB. Trevor Lawrence (while overrated) is still a really good QB prospect. He's my #3. And finally Justin Fields is at #4. He'll also be a good NFL QB. But I don't think his ceiling is as high as Trey Lance. At RB, I like Najee Harris. He's the only elite player I see at that position. At WR, I have Jaylen Waddle #1, followed by Ja'Marr Chase at #2, and Devonta Smith at #3. Waddle is the most explosive athlete in this draft which is why he's my #1 WR.

I haven't evaluated the other positions that much but I don't see much in the way of talent on the defensive side. There are no game-changing pass rushers like Myles Garrett or shut down corners like Derek Stingley Jr. (who will be coming out next year).
when your thread going up breh

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

What's your comp for Najee? :jbhmm:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
anyone have the pro day schedule? when are most of the major college pro days done with?

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Breh done hit on more than anybody the past few years :leon:

Not sure I see both Rousseau AND Ossai dropping that far tho.

1. Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
Trevor Lawrence is locked in as the pick here as Myer attempts to succeed where other elite college coaches have failed. Starting with the best quarterback prospect since Andrew Luck is an easy decision.

2. Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
The Jets lost out on the “Tank for Trevor” sweepstakes by winning two meaningless games. Gone is perennial laughing stock of a coach, Adam Gase, and in comes Robert Saleh to right the ship.

3. Dolphins: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU*
Rumors have been swirling that this pick could be traded for Deshaun Watson. Houston, however, has leverage and little-to-no motivation to move a top-five asset at the quarterback position.

Miami is invested in Tua Tagovailoa and touts a defense that nearly carried the team into the playoffs despite the offensive woes. If Tua is to succeed, it’s obvious that the Dolphins need weapons on offense.

This pick should come down to Heisman Trophy winner DeVonta Smith or LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase. Smith dominated the 2020 college season while Chase opted out of playing. Chase, however, posted numbers just as impressive while overshadowing rookie phenom Justin Jefferson.

4. Falcons: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
The Falcons have the fourth-worst cap situation, finding themselves $33 million over budget. With a roster lacking the talent to compete for playoff contention and an aging quarterback accounting for more than 23% of their cap, moving on from Matt Ryan and drafting a new signal-caller seems prudent.

5. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

6. Eagles: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

7. Lions: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
The Lions made the first significant move of the offseason by sending Matthew Stafford to the Rams for a ransom of picks and Jared Goff. The picks weren’t representative of Stafford’s market value and were more of payment for taking on the contract of Goff — the fact that those picks were added as compensation shows that Goff is not seen as a valued asset.

Acquiring Goff will not stop Detroit from drafting a quarterback. Lance is added here as both competition for Goff and for the future of the franchise. Outside of Lawrence, Lance could have the most upside among quarterbacks in this class and should have an easier time transitioning to the NFL after what he was tasked to do under center at North Dakota State

8. Panthers: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
9. Broncos: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
10. Cowboys: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
11. Giants: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
12. 49ers: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
13. Chargers: Alijah Vera-Tucker, IOL, USC
14. Vikings: Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
15. Patriots: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
16. Cardinals: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
17. Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
18. Dolphins: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
19. Washington: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
The Washington Football Team needs to address several positions on offense. After missing out on Stafford even though the WFT reportedly offered more compensation, the team could have a tough time attracting a free agent quarterback to be their starter.

Jones will be a tough evaluation due to the surrounding talent at Alabama. He did, however, acquit himself well at Senior Bowl practices and you can’t fault him for making the plays he was supposed to.

20. Bears: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
21. Colts: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
22. Titans: Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
23. Jets: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson*
24. Steelers: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
25. Jaguars: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan*
26. Browns: Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
27. Ravens: Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas
28. Saints: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
29. Packers: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
30. Bills: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
31. Buccaneers: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State*
32. Chiefs: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU*

These mock drafts are so fukking dumb if the bears ain’t trading up for a QB they will pick the best tackle available not a fukking WR in the first round :stopitslime: