DRAFTSZN: The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread (April 29 - May 1)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Breh done hit on more than anybody the past few years :leon:

Not sure I see both Rousseau AND Ossai dropping that far tho.

1. Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
Trevor Lawrence is locked in as the pick here as Myer attempts to succeed where other elite college coaches have failed. Starting with the best quarterback prospect since Andrew Luck is an easy decision.

2. Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
The Jets lost out on the “Tank for Trevor” sweepstakes by winning two meaningless games. Gone is perennial laughing stock of a coach, Adam Gase, and in comes Robert Saleh to right the ship.

3. Dolphins: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU*
Rumors have been swirling that this pick could be traded for Deshaun Watson. Houston, however, has leverage and little-to-no motivation to move a top-five asset at the quarterback position.

Miami is invested in Tua Tagovailoa and touts a defense that nearly carried the team into the playoffs despite the offensive woes. If Tua is to succeed, it’s obvious that the Dolphins need weapons on offense.

This pick should come down to Heisman Trophy winner DeVonta Smith or LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase. Smith dominated the 2020 college season while Chase opted out of playing. Chase, however, posted numbers just as impressive while overshadowing rookie phenom Justin Jefferson.

4. Falcons: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
The Falcons have the fourth-worst cap situation, finding themselves $33 million over budget. With a roster lacking the talent to compete for playoff contention and an aging quarterback accounting for more than 23% of their cap, moving on from Matt Ryan and drafting a new signal-caller seems prudent.

5. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

6. Eagles: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

7. Lions: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
The Lions made the first significant move of the offseason by sending Matthew Stafford to the Rams for a ransom of picks and Jared Goff. The picks weren’t representative of Stafford’s market value and were more of payment for taking on the contract of Goff — the fact that those picks were added as compensation shows that Goff is not seen as a valued asset.

Acquiring Goff will not stop Detroit from drafting a quarterback. Lance is added here as both competition for Goff and for the future of the franchise. Outside of Lawrence, Lance could have the most upside among quarterbacks in this class and should have an easier time transitioning to the NFL after what he was tasked to do under center at North Dakota State

8. Panthers: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
9. Broncos: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
10. Cowboys: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
11. Giants: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
12. 49ers: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
13. Chargers: Alijah Vera-Tucker, IOL, USC
14. Vikings: Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
15. Patriots: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
16. Cardinals: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
17. Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
18. Dolphins: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
19. Washington: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
The Washington Football Team needs to address several positions on offense. After missing out on Stafford even though the WFT reportedly offered more compensation, the team could have a tough time attracting a free agent quarterback to be their starter.

Jones will be a tough evaluation due to the surrounding talent at Alabama. He did, however, acquit himself well at Senior Bowl practices and you can’t fault him for making the plays he was supposed to.

20. Bears: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
21. Colts: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
22. Titans: Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
23. Jets: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson*
24. Steelers: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
25. Jaguars: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan*
26. Browns: Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
27. Ravens: Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas
28. Saints: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
29. Packers: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
30. Bills: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
31. Buccaneers: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State*
32. Chiefs: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU*

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Breh dont work for Bleacher Report anymore. Done ran behind a paywall but :pachaha:a this preview.

Usually he be pretty on target for his picks at least the last couple years I've followed him.
But that Pitts at 4 would be wild. If the draft fell like that they'd be dumb as rocks not to take Sewell. Their oline trash.
Also that mock is based on nyj getting rid of darnold :pachaha:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Usually he be pretty on target for his picks at least the last couple years I've followed him.
But that Pitts at 4 would be wild. If the draft fell like that they'd be dumb as rocks not to take Sewell. Their oline trash.
Also that mock is based on nyj getting rid of darnold :pachaha:

Eh. He been pretty wild the past couple years lol. Had Trubisky over Watson :deadrose:

@O.iatlhawksfan You mean beast oline in the draft, right? Or you legit mean best player? :lupe:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Best player period.Who was more dominant at his position?

I mean, shyt, if that's how we judge who's the best player in a draft, you could argue @smitty22 in that essence.

I just think immediate impact on winning would be more of a tool to that measure that by.

So, if you're a GM somewhere, no matter the team, Sewell is #1 on your big board?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I don't get the Pitts to ATL pick. They just gave up a 2nd for Hurst last year and the last thing they really need is another pass catching/receiving threat.

I think Carolina takes Lance, or Fields if he's available.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I mean, shyt, if that's how we judge who's the best player in a draft, you could argue @smitty22 in that essence.

I just think immediate impact on winning would be more of a tool to that measure that by.

So, if you're a GM somewhere, no matter the team, Sewell is #1 on your big board?

it’s so relative to what’s available and where you at, i know Smitty and chase are probably the most dynamic players and game changers, but if you can find a solid to great tackle you always take the tackle,

now the bears are in no mans land which is usually our fate, we need a wr or lineman and we will probably settle for someone, buddy from Minnesota is ok but not round one material, I’d rather we take paye or an o lineman can’t ever go wrong getting another pass rusher or lineman

as for the jets, at this point trade back and fleece someone, you could get the byu, or ndsu qb but they don’t have the personnel to help them thrive, you might as well keep rolling with Sam for another year or two then actually have a decent team around your new qb