Dr. Watkins Speaks On Empire/Media Propaganda (NEW)

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
My point is they're usually not c00ns. It's just a buzzword at this point that people use when they disagree with someone's ideas or train of thought. It doesn't really matter who's on TV, they'll get nitpicked until they aren't good enough.
Let people nitpick.

As long as they are there Its good.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:comeon: bruh....

How many thief/con artist movies featuring white male actors tutoring inexperience white female characters have their been? a gang of them. :mindblown:

-----
Dudes love complaining about how there isn't enough diversity in primetime shows and the moment there's one thats successful, dudes still find another sht to bytch about. There's great show called Black-ish featuring alot of positive sht that you nikkas demand from tv networks but I'm willing to bet the majority of yall dont watch it. :manny:

And who gives a fukk what Boyce watkins, Tareeq or any other conscious hustler have to say about a particular subject?

"White people get shot by the police too"

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Will Smith has been in the industry forever and in his latest role he's a criminal/thief/con artist teaching a clueless white girl how to become a better pickpocket as he's the master of the "art"

i think picking a will smith movie, of all actors, and one where he portrays a cool, intelligent, attractive, and talented guy, in order to point out the limited variety of roles available to Black actors is a bit misguided

plus the stereotype is usually that Black people aren't intelligent enough to commit crimes of the conning kind

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
i think picking a will smith movie, of all actors, and one where he portrays a cool, intelligent, attractive, and talented guy, in order to point out the limited variety of roles available to Black actors is a bit misguided

plus the stereotype is usually that Black people aren't intelligent enough to commit crimes of the conning kind

:ohhh:

I get it, he's not a dumb criminal, he's a smart criminal.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Will Smith's father was white in this movie, guess that's why his character gets to be a cool criminal

:sas2:

if his father had been Black, we might have gotten a remake of Deep Cover and that's one movie that's perfect as-is

dodged that bullet!:whew: