Dr. Watkins Speaks On Empire/Media Propaganda (NEW)

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Lol. This offends you somehow?

Bruh, that's Hitch meets Oceans 11 meets American Hustle

What's the big deal? The fact that the leading man is black?
No you buffoon. Open your mind you idiot instead of always being so quick to defend the white supremacists Hollywood structure.

Naive morons like yourself are what's wrong with society

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
No you buffoon. Open your mind you idiot instead of always being so quick to defend the white supremacists Hollywood structure.

Naive morons like yourself are what's wrong with society

Lol. Why are you getting upset? How about you explain your position to be instead?

There's plenty of crappy black roles in Hollywood. But (not having seen the movie) Focus doesn't seem like much to get upset about

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Lol. Why are you getting upset? How about you explain your position to be instead?

There's plenty of crappy black roles in Hollywood. But (not having seen the movie) Focus doesn't seem like much to get upset about

Im upset with your oblivious attitude. Feel free to watch whatever you like. I frankly dont care. But to act as if propaganda isn't playing a role in how TV shows are produced and selected is the height of stupidity.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
I know maybe 5 black doctors and 5 black lawyers. How many emcees and "record label owners" do I know? Hundreds!
:obamalol:.....wow!!! :seriously: you don't see a problem with this huh? :huhhuh:even though it is well documented that jews and whites control the industry and make ALL the money in the end huh? :huhhuh: and the blacks spend years pursuing a pointless (puppet) rap career when they could have spent that time mastering a trade that actually benefits our community huh? :huhhuh:...the propaganda has basically manifested itself already

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Im upset with your oblivious attitude. Feel free to watch whatever you like. I frankly dont care. But to act as if propaganda isn't playing a role in how TV shows are produced and selected is the height of stupidity.

1. I'm not oblivious, that particular movie just doesn't seem like one to be upset about.

2. Making money is the main reason shows are produced and selected. How much of a role do you think propaganda plays?

Keep in mind that there are hundreds if channels with thousands of shows with greatly varying amounts of viewership.

It's not as big if a deal as you might think anymore. The most popular shows on TV are Walking Dead and Empire..do you have any quibbles with the way blacks are portrayed in those shows?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
:obamalol:.....wow!!! :seriously: you don't see a problem with this huh? :huhhuh:even though it is well documented that jews and whites control the industry and make ALL the money in the end huh? :huhhuh: and the blacks spend years pursuing a pointless (puppet) rap career when they could have spent that time mastering a trade that actually benefits our community huh? :huhhuh:...the propaganda has basically manifested itself already
the propaganda has been DEEPLY rooted into out subconscious breh. I hate to say it but i think its too late for us. We have people on this very board who is STILL saying a song like Im In Love With the CoCo(glorifying the distribution of cocaine) is "just entertainment". The clip in the OP is a microcosm of our community. the majority of us (the 3 on the left) are oblivious to the propaganda, while only a small few of us(Dr.Watkins) is aware.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Empire is rated G compare to the stereotypical "HOOD" behavior we normally chastised. The real life fukkery that goes on in the music industry makes Empire look like a Walt Disney show.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
You know Rupert Murdoch and them seen the black viewership like :smugbiden:

All the c00ns swooping in to protect white daddy:cape:
why people who argue for diverse representation of black people in movies & TV shows always defend cliched stereotypes as if they're underrepresented?

Its a fade the network have low rating so they decide throw a show that's "black" and it pick up, because most of us love ratchet shyt but complain about why black actors play the ssme roles or why black films/shows is always the same drugs/rap/mammy product

Black ppl on tv is back in style but just a fad, we're not doing nothing with it don't let them confuse you because after they get the ratings its back to the bullshyt. We dont own none of those products after they touch it

Just like lifetime been doing these last few years---get black audience to watch they black botch productions--

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
Just because No Bammer Weed can cite white TV shows with dysfunctional characters...that doesn't take away from the fact that black people are generally portrayed in a ghetto/violent/unsophisticated light.

To the extent that a black show or actor is shown in a more reasonable role or theme, the shows tend to be moderately successful at best. And often short-lived.
Thank you B... Dude is such a fuddy duddy shucking and jiving yessum master fakkit he never looks at the grand scheme of things... Son probably smiles all up in white folks face...