Dr Umar Johnson calls out black barbers and beauticians for not working together & alllowing Koreans to take over.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
we in here saying he's wrong and glossing over the fact that certain types of Black culture are inaccessible without ... going through Asians???

It seems like we have more fundamental issues to solve for than which business we decide to patronize to acquire products that are all ultimately sourced from Koreans.

:francis:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Exactly

My friend knew she was being undercut. She kept her prices the same despite her costs going up. She knew the competition down the block had a direct relationship with the connect and were getting product at damn near cost

Even then they did not offer products at a vastly cheaper cost. But it was cheaper.

She thought (wrongly) that all of the black women who were her happy customers who show her some loyalty. They all expressed how happy they were that she opened up. They were all doing jumping jacks that they could buy their bundles and wigs locally

When the new shop opened up word got around quick as a hiccup that you could save 50 cents to a dollar at the new spot. All of her customers fled. She told everyone what was happening. She took out full page ads in the paper. Went to her local goverment. Blasted how unfair it was on social media

Black women did not give one fukk. At the end of the day they still saved a few cents by going to the Koreans

After she was forced out of business the prices at the new shop immediately went up. Higher than what she used to charge. Then to discourage competition they saturated the area with 4 other hair stores and they all sell the same things at the same price

My friend is still mad as fukk. She moved to Arizona for a job but when this opportunity popped up she invested everything in it. She was just thinking about expanding and saw a future where she could build wealth for her and her family.

She is now working a reg 9-5 and feeling guilty about taking from her daughters future and wasting her parents money too
:wow:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
A lot of this folks just like to talk for speaking only and just to hear their own voice and try to sound smart and sell a product. It isnt as easy as umar is trying to imply at all, that's just elementary way of looking at things. Things like capital, revenue, income etc has a lot to determine how a business holds up

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Exactly

My friend knew she was being undercut. She kept her prices the same despite her costs going up. She knew the competition down the block had a direct relationship with the connect and were getting product at damn near cost

Even then they did not offer products at a vastly cheaper cost. But it was cheaper.

She thought (wrongly) that all of the black women who were her happy customers who show her some loyalty. They all expressed how happy they were that she opened up. They were all doing jumping jacks that they could buy their bundles and wigs locally

When the new shop opened up word got around quick as a hiccup that you could save 50 cents to a dollar at the new spot. All of her customers fled. She told everyone what was happening. She took out full page ads in the paper. Went to her local goverment. Blasted how unfair it was on social media

Black women did not give one fukk. At the end of the day they still saved a few cents by going to the Koreans

After she was forced out of business the prices at the new shop immediately went up. Higher than what she used to charge. Then to discourage competition they saturated the area with 4 other hair stores and they all sell the same things at the same price

My friend is still mad as fukk. She moved to Arizona for a job but when this opportunity popped up she invested everything in it. She was just thinking about expanding and saw a future where she could build wealth for her and her family.

She is now working a reg 9-5 and feeling guilty about taking from her daughters future and wasting her parents money too
The craziest part is they probably marked up the priciest to even higher than she was selling right after they put her out of business.

Reminds me of the video of the Asian beauty supply owner who was caught on video assaulting a black woman he accused of stealing. Once the video went viral and made headline news, they offered a 50% discount. Black men protested outside while black women lined up to take advantage of the discount and even attacked the men who urged them not to shop there. Even while offering a 50% discount they still wouldn’t let all the women at once because they think they will steal. :mjpls:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
When people dont understand the economics, they always reduce the solution down to values. "Black people dont do shyt because they are lazy and dont want to work together" sounds better than blacks dont have the wealth or resources to compete.
Black people do have the wealth and resources to compete. Umar was a little off but he was still right in that black people don’t value working as a group.

Korean suppliers price black people out of the beauty supply market because black people value petty differences in price over group economics.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
And how many Black businesses have been killed before they could start or killed after they started, in this America you speak of??

Black people dont go to Koreans for haircuts and getting it worked on..the Koreans control the supply of fake hair Black women are addicted to.
Black women stop perming and weaving today, tomorrow all Koreans are out of business..so I blame Black women for keeping the Koreans in business.

Those Koreans arent going out of business because those stores are just one of many ventures theyre moving money around in....they have multiple shops/eateries/groceries/dry cleaner they can absorb losses easier then someone who tries to do from scratch as a stand alone business.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Amhara cat bought the beauty store near me about a year ago. Great salt of the earth guy. Greets every customer, always blessing them, giving kids candy, and keeps the store tidy unlike the Koreans before him. Every time I go in, he looks more and more down. Last time I went in, I chopped up with him asked him what was up, he told me Asian suppliers are x'ing him out and its hurting his business...this world man.:francis: @2Quik4UHoes

That’s fukked up. But also not surprising.

Black people need to be establishing their own supply chains to help sustain their businesses but instead it’s left to others which puts us at risk of being frozen out.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
I think one of the problems is that we have is that we try to save everybody instead of focusing on the ones who's willing to build even if that means starting off small and strong compared to trying build with those who want to jump ship and risking situations like the Korean hair shop or roscoes where Mexicans were trying push us out of thanks to the owner letting his mexican gf take over.