Dr Umar Johnson calls out black barbers and beauticians for not working together & alllowing Koreans to take over.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is America, we cannt stop anyone from starting up a business. They are taking advantage of everything we are capable of doing but failing to get up and do it ourselves. Same thing with Dominicans opening up corner stores, Arabs opening up car dealerships and gas stations and Jewish folks managing property.

And how many Black businesses have been killed before they could start or killed after they started, in this America you speak of??

Black people dont go to Koreans for haircuts and getting it worked on..the Koreans control the supply of fake hair Black women are addicted to.
Black women stop perming and weaving today, tomorrow all Koreans are out of business..so I blame Black women for keeping the Koreans in business.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
This is true. This chick I know moved to Arizona. When she got there she noticed in her area there were no hair stores that sold products for black people

She saw an open market and cashed out her 401k and borrowed money from her parents. Rented out a storefront and found a Asian connect for hair products

She was very successful for 3 years. Her connect waited until she proved she could sell there then they opened their own store a block over and then raised her prices on products.

My friend was confused and tried to renegotiate the price but they countered by raising the prices higher. Meanwhile her direct competitor down the street was killing it

She then reached out to a few other Asian distributors to get products but quickly found out they were all connected and nobody would give her a deal. She eventually had to close up shop after 5 years

Meanwhile the competition actually expanded and opened 5 shops in a 10 mile radius. She is still mad as hell about it.

Goddamn that's ruthless

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This is true. This chick I know moved to Arizona. When she got there she noticed in her area there were no hair stores that sold products for black people

She saw an open market and cashed out her 401k and borrowed money from her parents. Rented out a storefront and found a Asian connect for hair products

She was very successful for 3 years. Her connect waited until she proved she could sell there then they opened their own store a block over and then raised her prices on products.

My friend was confused and tried to renegotiate the price but they countered by raising the prices higher. Meanwhile her direct competitor down the street was killing it

She then reached out to a few other Asian distributors to get products but quickly found out they were all connected and nobody would give her a deal. She eventually had to close up shop after 5 years

Meanwhile the competition actually expanded and opened 5 shops in a 10 mile radius. She is still mad as hell about it.

Now this is something to get on politicians about

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

what the fukk.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Instead of him creating organizations to unify black hair dressers/hair supply stores/barber shops

Here we get the same tired as non action rambling

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
This is a low bar sound bite. Black people didn’t allow anything. It’s like saying black people allowed Colombians to take over the coke game in the hood. Or westerners “allowed” Arabs to run the oil game.

When they control the manufacturing and supply, what can we do? Not wear beauty products? The answer is to slowly build your own but that’s not something that can be done quickly. Koreans literally can undercut homegrown prices. Will take time and lambasting black people in the interim is counterproductive

Edit: in the online space I notice how it’s VERY easy to make low effort claims with little evidence but make emotional appeals that people will eat up. “Oh he right, he not lying”. We are so susceptible to this.
Maybe I'm tripping but there is a wholesale beauty supply store in the burbs I live in and I know TWO black hair store owners that supply their store from that wholesale store and as far as I know they're successful. There is always a damn excuse. We have every resource to contact manufacturers and negotiate just like every other person on earth can do.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Thank you for expanding on the point. Now everyone in this thread is more informed on the subject than this grifter Umar.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Maybe I'm tripping but there is a wholesale beauty supply store in the burbs I live in and I know TWO black hair store owners that supply their store from that wholesale store and as far as I know they're successful. There is always a damn excuse. We have every resource to contact manufacturers and negotiate just like every other person on earth can do.

Bruh, if you are purchasing from a store, no matter what the store is called, you arent getting the true wholesale price.

There are some brehs in here who work in supply chain and have access to purchasing numbers. Without getting too specific I’ll give an example I have 1st hand knowledge of. The wholesale cost of a regular box of cereal is about 50 to 75 cents. I dare you to try and find any store that will sell you a box of Captain Crunch for 50 cents.

Nobody is saying its impossible to be successful, its just going to be extremely difficult if the people who have access to the true wholesale cost move in and want to take over the area.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is America, we cannt stop anyone from starting up a business. They are taking advantage of everything we are capable of doing but failing to get up and do it ourselves. Same thing with Dominicans opening up corner stores, Arabs opening up car dealerships and gas stations and Jewish folks managing property.

You stupid fukker Asians were not denied access to capital like FBA's were.

You tethers will say anything.