Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop is White Supremacy. Rappers Push Death and Destruction on Kids."

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is literally what he was saying in the OP so how's it moving goalposts?

Again... BILLIONS made and funneled to black people. ZERO institutions built.. Which would be fine normally. I don't see any Country music insurance companies or Rock band hospitals right??

The problem is, other genres aren't DIRECTLY contributing to all these negative aspects of their communities. Rappers are literally influencing the kids to do crime and kill black people, then turn around and don't do shyt with the billions off that, but floss on the same young people and tell them how they broke, working a regular job and they'll fukk his bytch

I'm still gonna listen to Pusha T, but I'm not a fool.

And again, why are we relying on Hip Hop to build institutions?

You said Hip Hop had NOTHING to show. The article I posted was full of examples of what Hip Hop has positively done in the last 50 years.

Ya'll are just as negative as the music you're denouncing.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we got rid of hip hop tomorrow. ALL of these issues would still persist in the community. Prolly even more so since that’s just another outlet for black people to make money legally removed from the equation. I DO feel like hip hop needs more gatekeeping.

At this point, I am in FULL agreement that The Booth HATES Hip Hop. They are knly here for the drama and negativity that they so called denounce.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Hiphop is reflected by the community, fix the community and hiphop will change

Daps
Not a single thing about this is for american blacks

Ooooooo college courses on the music, mainly filled with cacs in colleges that won't accept us

This is exactly the point.. Where's a real college? A supermarket chain in the hoods with good food? An afterschool program? A preschool? A hospital.. Hell, something for grieving victims of gun violence? A defense fund? SOMETHING

Teaching motherfukkers to breakdance is not the tangibles we need
College? Supermarket? Hospital? C'mon, breh... Plenty rappers have their own liquor brands, weed strains & wingstops. If those aren't tangibles, I don't know what is!
:troll:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
At this point, I am in FULL agreement that The Booth HATES Hip Hop. They are knly here for the drama and negativity that they so called denounce.
Yessir. No one can tell me different at this point. I been pointing this shyt out for years about this site. Go to TLR and u would think the whole site is filled with woman hating crackas,

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And again, why are we relying on Hip Hop to build institutions?

You said Hip Hop had NOTHING to show. The article I posted was full of examples of what Hip Hop has positively done in the last 50 years.

Ya'll are just as negative as the music you're denouncing.
We are not relying... We are pointing out the obvious

Other genres of music aren't destructive to their community.. You destroying but what are you building?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are not relying... We are pointing out the obvious

Other genres of music aren't destructive to their community.. You destroying but what are you building?

I just showed what it is building. Other genres are not taught in colleges. Education is a fundamental part of any functioning society and you're telling me that Hip Hop being apart of curriculum is nothing. That's bogus. You ever thought that educating people on aspects of Hip Hop outside of just what's being heard may have changed lives for the better?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I just showed what it is building. Other genres are not taught in colleges. Education is a fundamental part of any functioning society and you're telling me that Hip Hop being apart of curriculum is nothing. That's bogus. You ever thought that educating people on aspects of Hip Hop outside of just what's being heard may have changed lives for the better?
For what? What is taking a hip-hop course going to do for the black community to offset the damage caused? It's a cool novel idea but are there some jobs or income that comes with this class that we should know about? Cause I'd rather hip-hop had a stem scholarship program than cacs learning about Rakim

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
"He's not wrong".... Yes he is

A lot of you would rather pretend that we are helpless to white people's programming than admit we did that. We made what hip hop became and all it's side effects.

Call me all types of c00n but I'm not part of the lies and pandering.. White people didn't make hip hop detrimental. Stop looking for scapegoats. This shyt can't be fixed if people can't address the actual issue without lies

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For what? What is taking a hip-hop course going to do for the black community to offset the damage caused? It's a cool novel idea but are there some jobs or income that comes with this class that we should know about? Cause I'd rather hip-hop had a stem scholarship program than cacs learning about Rakim

The damage done to the Black community is bigger than Hip Hop. The dumbest part of Umar's argument is that the root of Black issues in America is White Supremacy: the conditioning of Blacks to feel and think Black people are inferior to whites.

And breh, I remember artists providing scholarships. And Hip Hop education is far more than some cacs learning about Rakim. Have you even looked at the curriculum and which universities offer the courses?