Dr. Fauci says new CDC mask guidance ‘not a mandate to take masks off’

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I've been doing just that since this thing started. I double mask. Still considering whether i take that shot or not.
Why double mask when you can just take the shot which is more effective and you don’t have to wear a mask anymore

I don’t get. Why people are wearing mask instead of getting the vax

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Why double mask when you can just take the shot which is more effective and you don’t have to wear a mask anymore

I don’t get. Why people are wearing mask instead of getting the vax

Kinda nervous about the side effects. But each day i'm trying to convince myself to take it since it's safer than playing Russian Roulette. I really don't be around people and social distance a lot. Plus i'm not trying to take this junk every year.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These idiots need to make shyt clear instead of changing up the guidelines every minute. I'll be masked up regardless.

No pun intended but I’m starting to get sick of Fauci.
What is he changing up?

CDC said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks except in special situations, non-vaccinated people should continue to wear masks.

In response, you had people thinking that meant that it was mandated that people no longer masks. You had people like Rick Schroeder screaming at store employees for enforcing the company's mask policy.

All he's saying is that people aren't mandated to not wear a mask.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
You're gonna have a lot of unvaccinated ppl proudly lie and walk outside mask-less, I think the CDC rushed this a little too quick and there should've been an enforced a nationwide law, for mask-less individuals to provide proof of receiving and being fully vaccinated when entering businesses because there's going to be a lot of ppl lying putting others at risk.

There is no honor system in this country ppl proudly lie as long as it works in their favor and nobody knows that they're lying.

We'll see how this all plays out.

nikkas got money to make and bills to pay:mjlol:

Any business that creates the cocabana line will be out of here QUICKLY...

Even the ny Gov admitted the vaccine isn't MANDATORY by current law...:yeshrug:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
What is he changing up?

CDC said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks except in special situations, non-vaccinated people should continue to wear masks.

In response, you had people thinking that meant that it was mandated that people no longer masks. You had people like Rick Schroeder screaming at store employees for enforcing the company's mask policy.

All he's saying is that people aren't mandated to not wear a mask.

Then they should've said that the first time instead of confusing people. These people don't even know what they saying majority of the time, so they had to clarify it. Either way, the handling of this whole this is a mess.

leoc

All Star
Bushed
Daps
  • Fauci said Americans will likely need a COVID vaccine booster: "I think we will almost certainly require a booster sometime within a year or so, after getting the primary [shot], because the durability of protection against coronaviruses is generally not lifelong."

If protection is not lifelong, then would you need a booster every year/few years if COVID is still out there:jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
nikkas got money to make and bills to pay:mjlol:

Any business that creates the cocabana line will be out of here QUICKLY...

Even the NY Gov admitted the vaccine isn't MANDATORY by current law...:yeshrug:
Well, to come into my business, a person would have to prove that they are fully vaccinated or they'd have to wear a mask otherwise won't be allowed in/to shop :manny:

There's a reason why ppl like me ain't in charge of this country because if it was up to me there'd be dire consequences for those choosing not to listen, constitutional rights or not :manny: now I wouldn't force a person to get vaccinated but they'd have to abide by my rules or lose, plain and simple :manny:.

:yeshrug:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then they should've said that the first time instead of confusing people.
They did.

CDC mask guidance says people vaccinated against Covid-19 can go without masks indoors - CNN

People fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to wear masks or practice social distancing indoors or outdoors, except under certain circumstances, the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday.

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic," Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a White House Covid-19 briefing. "We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy."

Calling it an "exciting and powerful moment," Walensky said the science supports the updated CDC guidance that "anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities -- large or small -- without wearing a mask or physical distancing."

The science is clear, too, for unvaccinated people, Walensky said: "You remain at risk of mild or severe illness, of death, or spreading the disease to others. You should still mask and you should get vaccinated right away."

But once someone is fully vaccinated -- two weeks after the final dose -- "you can shed your mask," she said.

Some people may choose to continue wearing masks even if they are fully vaccinated, and that's OK, federal Covid-19 response leaders said Thursday.

"People have to make their own personal choice," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during the White House Covid-19 briefing.

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with an individual who has a certain level of risk aversion, as we know the risk is extremely low of getting infected whether you're indoors or outdoors. But there are those people who don't want to take that bit of a risk and there's nothing wrong with that and they shouldn't be criticized."

COVID-19 Vaccination

Fully vaccinated people can:

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
One of the CDC's main problems is that they put out guidelines, but leave the interpretation of their information up to everyone else to figure out. Their guidelines and information they put out creates more questions than it answers. We shouldn't have to interpret information for the guidelines that they created. That's where the confusion comes in.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Isn’t this basically what the original statement was? If you’re fully vaccinated, you don’t really need the mask anymore. If you haven’t gotten the vaccine, keep it on. Not that anti-vaxxers or anti-maskers will comply, but it’s not like they were doing so before.

Yes. But remember a large percentage of people, especially Americans are f*cking stupid & selfish.