Reppin
Outworld
COLI CONSENSUS CLUELESS AS USUAL

WHEN DRE DOES AN ALBUM HE’S THE PRIMARY PRODUCER

EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST A CO-PRODUCER OR GLORIFIED SESSION PLAYER

HE’S TALKING ABOUT AN ALBUM THAT
HAS MULTIPLE LEAD PRODUCERS .. CREATING A LACK OF COHESION

HUGE DIFFERENCE

YOU mean no beat maker as an executive producer.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I dont see whats wrong with that, as long as there is a cohesive sound. Now 9 producers on one song? Thats crazy.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I like one main producer with a couple beats by others

it can mix it up in a positive way

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why:Didn't this dude had the Hitmen?

Daz and em in Death Row?

I'm going to take a aspirin :unimpressed:

yeah, but his sound always feels cohesive because it's one team working with him on one album. as opposed to 10-15 producers with different sounds being tapped to contribute to an album individually.

i get what he's saying. it sounds hypocritical... especially if he doesnt clarify how many is too many. but i get it.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
multiple producers >>>

you can't depend on one producer to give out 10+ fire beats nowadays
and multiple producers pushes others to do better

Braman

Superstar
Daps
illmatic and blueprint came out just fine

You just need a good A&R

I don’t think his message is meant to be literal. My immediate understanding of what he’s getting at is albums should be cohesive with a core sound and 1-4 producers.

So I think those examples actually prove his point. Illmatic is universally known as the Q Tip, Large Pro, Preme album with all producers being on one accord

Blueprint is the Kanye, Just, and Bink album (never forget Bink), with Jus and Kanye literally trying to outdo each other achieving the same sound

We all know most albums nowadays are completely opposite and guys are gettin beats whenever and wherever they can get them with no direction

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
illmatic and blueprint came out just fine

You just need a good A&R

These are exceptions to the rule. Hip hops quality fell off when cats started going to 10 different producers to get their "club record, or "street record", it resulted in no cohesion.

You might luck into a record with a bunch of bangers if you make a record by committee, but most of the best records had one producer or one team with a vision. Dre with NWA an the Ruthless stable, Erick Sermon with the Hit Squad, Bomb Squad and PE, Prince Paul and De La, etc.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
These are exceptions to the rule. Hip hops quality fell off when cats started going to 10 different producers to get their "club record, or "street record", it resulted in no cohesion.

You might luck into a record with a bunch of bangers if you make a record by committee, but most of the best records had one producer or one team with a vision. Dre with NWA a the Ruthless stable, Erick Sermon with the Hit Squad, Bomb Squad and PE, Prince Paul and De La, etc.
There are countless hot albums that had multiple producers in rap history lol

Last edited: