Dr Claud Anderson -State of Black America [2014] (this is what yall dont want to hear)

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That whole lecture has been said in some way shape or form before. Those aren't new ideas he's spitting. The problem is that people are preaching to the choir instead of actually going out into the community themselves and developing programs that are beneficial. Its easy to sit there and say we need better schools, we need better education, we need better this and that. I'm not accusing Dr. Anderson of doing that but we collectively as a whole (black people) don't follow through with good ideas.

How many of you "militants" on the coli say, oh wow, great message, black excellence this and that, but in actually really aren't doing anything beneficial for your community. I think people like that are more detrimental than the ignorant people in our community, because at least the ignorant people don't know any better.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
That whole lecture has been said in some way shape or form before. Those aren't new ideas he's spitting. The problem is that people are preaching to the choir instead of actually going out into the community themselves and developing programs that are beneficial. Its easy to sit there and say we need better schools, we need better education, we need better this and that. I'm not accusing Dr. Anderson of doing that but we collectively as a whole (black people) don't follow through with good ideas.

How many of you "militants" on the coli say, oh wow, great message, black excellence this and that, but in actually really aren't doing anything beneficial for your community. I think people like that are more detrimental than the ignorant people in our community, because at least the ignorant people don't know any better.

You get it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Umm....you do realize that Claude Anderson has actually done just that right :leostare:??

Or were you just speaking in general :word:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
social integration didn't do shyt for us (naacp fukked it up for us :ohhh:) ...control the wealth and become a viable entity in the monopoly game

:wow:

trust..cooperation....accountability...

he got to the root of the issue...economic politics...social integration isn't helping its just a reactionary force to the crux of the inequality issue in this country...

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just emphasizing what he had to say, not speaking to what he does specifically

Oh ok. I'm assuming you're already doing what he's discussed in your own community, right? Especially since this info has been around for a long ass time.

Unless you're one of those demons of the black community you spoke of in your own post :lupe:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Tying this into my thread concerning hip hop was Used against us...

We need a charismatic artist we can get behind who will kick knowledge in a digestible manner.

I believe we are a swag based people, and learning for a big percentage of us is easier when done with rhythm. We have been forced to live in a swag less existence (think the NFL), and we can do it, but it isn't as natural.

:ohhh: this type of artist will be the next big artist. Look at how dumbed down the music industry is. The back to Africa stuff has already been done, thug culture etc. has been made into 'jingles' as described by Nas. This is the next big move for Black folks.

they will be dropping so many gems on the hood, it will be similar to when Public Enemy hit.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
A simple start....these simplified points were formed by action calls made during the various other discussions. Not in any special order.

1) join/support the foundation Dr. Anderson formed and/or any local/national movements that support his economic plans, and those that attempts to solely address other community problems

2) Separate my personal beliefs from the overall agenda and goal. I'm willing to work with
-religious/non-religious,
-gay/straight,
-political/non-politically astute folks
-fashion slave or not

3) Be consistent with your agenda and accept your beliefs
-no more blurring lines between trying to uplift black folks versus people of color
- no more fear of being labeled/categorized a reverse racist, militant,smart-dumb nikka etc
-no more use of entertainment jargon, in order to justify complacency and tolerance of disrespect ("when keeping it real goes wrong", "I love black folks, but I hate nikkas" etc)
- no more wishing for black improvements, but then justifying thug behavior, gay and straight k00ns, political kooning and info skewing

4) Recognize that a few counter productive black folks, don't mean you have an excuse to abandon the agenda

5) Knowledge of self and a clear understanding of the current black plight among the various tax brackets
-know your own insecurities and flaws, so that when working with other black folks, both of your are not petty

6) Support black businesses with common agenda, over black businesses trying to solely make money for themselves
-no more supporting black simply cause of your skin color

7) Support non-black businesses who are assisting black communities directly/indirectly

8) Become more politically savvy/involved with your local government and community board. And national government too
-be willing to put pressure on politicians to support agenda that affect your community

9)Understand and accept the professional,social, and political risk involved by being openly pro black and not necessarily anti-white.Understand/accept how this risk drives us in our support or lack of support for building a black economic structure
-Just cause all your friends,lovers,family are non-black, doesn't mean that you have an excuse to ignore and abandon the agenda to balance wealth, increase black employment in various industries, increase the success of black entrepreneurship

10)Share info,experiences, opportunities with others

11)Become involved in local finance workshops/forums/investment groups to gain experience.Black entrepreneurs should participate to satisfy plan #10

:myman: the blueprint

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Oh ok. I'm assuming you're already doing what he's discussed in your own community, right? Especially since this info has been around for a long ass time.

Unless you're one of those demons of the black community you spoke of in your own post :lupe:

I do as much as I can friend.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm already like :whew: just based off the posts. Bout to put it on my iphone and workout to this piff. I can already tell it's gonna get me mad/hyped.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
You know exactly what I mean

that's where the thugs come in breh :smugfavre:

and they must operate like this...

later they will become the legit police force and patrol the 'new hood' that they protect and serve

i.e. like the Klan