Downsides of Living in Miami

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
Miami beach >> dade & broward?? :rudy: your whole post tells me your a tourist
Sit yo ass down

I aint from there originally but I lived there for 15 years. I think that makes my opinion more objective than someone who has lived there they whole life. :manny:

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Can you tell me what areas surround miami in a 25 mile radius that are good for home ownership?

It all depends on your income and your lifestyle.
But coral gables Miami shores Brickell vizcaya
Homie I guarantee if you look up these places and see the homes I gutantee you'll find a spot

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Can you tell me what areas surround miami in a 25 mile radius that are good for home ownership?

dogg there's a million spots depending on where you're trying to be... you could move down south to Kendall, Aventura area, Miami Lakes, Miramar, Pines, Plantation, Hallandale Beach, Gables, downtown Lauderdale... those are all places outside of "Miami" as you know it that probably aren't too expensive but aren't ghetto at all either

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
yeah like people said driving anywhere is a bytch, noone uses any type of signaling and will cut you off THEN bug out on YOU...humidity is something that is really overwhelming at first...and it'll be sunny...5 minutes later pouring, 5 minutes later sunny, 5 minutes later...etc

I'm italian and have a kinda "olive" complexion (no homo) and everyone assumes i'm cuban and speaks spanish at me, if you don't know any it can get crazy because everyone speaks it before they would speak english

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
It all depends on your income and your lifestyle.
But coral gables Miami shores Brickell vizcaya
Homie I guarantee if you look up these places and see the homes I gutantee you'll find a spot

Thank you for your help. I like being on the outskirts of a major city but not so far that im disconnected from the city. I will look into this. My woman wants to move with me. Is this a city where you can actually continue a relationship?

She told me last night

*yea. you will find some spanish bytch while you're there*

I didnt laugh but she made a good point. Are the fly women there so status oriented that i dont have to worry about gorgeous spanish women throwing themselves at me or are women there throwing themselves at attractive men.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
dogg there's a million spots depending on where you're trying to be... you could move down south to Kendall, Aventura area, Miami Lakes, Miramar, Pines, Plantation, Hallandale Beach, Gables, downtown Lauderdale... those are all places outside of "Miami" as you know it that probably aren't too expensive but aren't ghetto at all either

a 250 thousand dollar home. I do not want to live in the ghetto. Does this revelation go with that figure.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I was there in 2005 for Katrina, Wilma, and then they ran out of letters in the alphabet and had to start naming the storms Alpha and Beta and shyt. I knew people that lost power for weeks from Wilma. Dont act like the shyt aint real cause its been all good for a few years.

I never said it was nonexistent, but the hurricane thing is overblown... dudes that aren't from down here act like we get hit with 5 hurricanes a year and shyt, when it's usually once every year or two we'll get a big storm... and even then, it's really just a day/night of rain and heavy wind... usually someone throws a Hurricane party so everyone goes over there crib and you :cheers: and :stylin:, shyt is low key dope lol

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
a 250 thousand dollar home. I do not want to live in the ghetto. Does this revelation go with that figure.

yea man... personally I prefer Broward County to Dade, but that's just me... if I were spending 250K on a crib down here, I'd move to West Miramar/Pines somewhere... right on the Dade-Broward border, close to 75, nice diverse suburb, and you can be in South Beach in 20 minutes

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
yea man... personally I prefer Broward County to Dade, but that's just me... if I were spending 250K on a crib down here, I'd move to West Miramar/Pines somewhere... right on the Dade-Broward border, close to 75, nice diverse suburb, and you can be in South Beach in 20 minutes
Thank you. You have answered my question

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just lots of traffic at times, horrible drivers, and finding a job is difficult, if you know people you'll be good, haven't had a strong hurricane hit us in years. Also when the Canadians come down for the winter time can be annoying, they're some of the worst drivers

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
only downside is looking for a job. unemployment down here is turrible. my ex was a registered nurse making $38 an hour (which is ridiculously balling). she got laid off and cant find a nursing gig to save her life and her unemployment ran out. i think she's bout to start working at Guess or some retail gig. shyt is sad.

edit- only reason anyone should prefer broward over dade is if u enjoy living a boring and miserable life