Double Toasted YouTube channel appreciation

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
5JwYsf3.png
at Korey constantly referring to Silkk the Shocker as Tyler, the Creator.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:Not trying to belittle Double Toasted’s success. But what y’all think Korey, and gang can do to increase. Their streams and YouTube numbers. They deserve it Korey and Martian. Been on that podcasts and movie critics wave from the beginning.
The thing is they have a lot of inherent things working against them in the context of your question

Mostly the format is kinda dated. I'm a fan obviously but I know while listening to it the the format won't draw many new fans

Reviews don't hold the weight they used to. Music reviews have a little more life in them but nikkas really ain't watching movie reviews like that.

I do think on Korey's end DT is held back by Korey's insistence on running everything himself. There's a world where a thriving DT network would be :wow: but it's obvious Korey wants to be hands on with everything and doesn't want any shows that don't involve him, and of course Korey is only one man with already limited time

Knowing this about Korey I don't see many more ways for them to grow that involve the people they already have:manny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The thing is they have a lot of inherent things working against them in the context of your question

Mostly the format is kinda dated. I'm a fan obviously but I know while listening to it the the format won't draw many new fans

Reviews don't hold the weight they used to. Music reviews have a little more life in them but nikkas really ain't watching movie reviews like that.

I do think on Korey's end DT is held back by Korey's insistence on running everything himself. There's a world where a thriving DT network would be :wow: but it's obvious Korey wants to be hands on with everything and doesn't want any shows that don't involve him, and of course Korey is only one man with already limited time

Knowing this about Korey I don't see many more ways for them to grow that involve the people they already have:manny:
Pretty much. Korey is way too much of a control freak.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Indifferent mostly. Didn’t contribute much to reviews and I didn’t listen to the Monday shows like that.
:yeshrug:
Danielle at her peak was great you just gotta know what to do with her

She was great during the GOAT DT cast run(2016-18)when it was Korey, Martin, Goodwin, Girts, Danielle, Ray and Sammy. Danielle was entertaining as hell during that time

Danielle needs people other than Korey to bounce off of because Korey and Danielle get too corny and annoying when it's just them interacting with each other, and Korey doesn't know when to stop Danielle when it's mainly him and her interacting

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. Korey is way too much of a control freak.
He answered an email a few months ago asking why he didn't hire more hosts and expand and he basically gave the same answer:russ:

Korey's an older black man that comes from that school of "if you want something done right gotta do it yourself". He's a lot more like Tyler Perry than he'd probably want to believe:mjlol:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

I agree with you on the movie reviews part. But Korey did let Goodwin and Ray have their own show together.