Dope (2015) - Comedy of Young black kids in LA in coming of age story

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
wont lie looks a lil cliched, especially the asap rocky parts. im a lil older than most of yall so i can see why wesley morris was underwhelmed. saying that, every generation needs it hood classics so maybe this can be this generations Friday. im sure old folks in my day hated that film on some “it makes black people look bad” and i was like :comeon: but i be doing the same shyt now.:russ:

and isnt zoe a lil old for that high school role? she’s the new stacy dash and bianca lawson i guess , females that are about 35 in real life playing high schoolers.
zoe is 26, malinda williams played a damn middle schooler at 29 :dahell: in the wood :yeshrug:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Yeah was kinda put off by Wesley Morris' original review cause I can imagine exactly what he was talking about, but I'll give it a shot.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully whattheflick reviews this...
Just discovered them yesterday. Listened to 3 reviews this morning

my dude wesley morris shytted on this..

@5:25

:wow:

ima still check for it

I don't trust morris. He is a bitter gay man who hates everything. my boy at work and i read his reviews more as cant wait to see how he shyts on this.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
my dude wesley morris shytted on this..

@5:25

:wow:

ima still check for it

Never heard of this guy but his name gets mentioned a lot so I decided to listen. He said he hated it than gave exactly 0.5 reasons why (found Zoe Kravitz unconvincing) and for the rest says absolutely nothing about the movie itself, only talking about the way he perceives the movie.

This is why I can't fukk with this internet generation blogger/podcast/twitter critic bullshyt because it's just an endless array of people who don't understand the basic concepts behind doing a review.