Dope (2015) - Comedy of Young black kids in LA in coming of age story

Lithe

All Star
Daps
It gives off the wood vibe but not quite there they could've had some more stuff happen with him and his crew

Ok, cool... Thank you. I'm definitely going to watch it. I just like the styling, gave me that 90's feel.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Ok, cool... Thank you. I'm definitely going to watch it. I just like the styling, gave me that 90's feel.
I loved it for that feel, it doesn't try to be something it's not but in order for it to be like the wood it had to be more personal issues like in the wood they had the dance, tryin to get some, you know typical high school stuff

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I loved it for that feel, it doesn't try to be something it's not but in order for it to be like the wood it had to be more personal issues like in the wood they had the dance, tryin to get some, you know typical high school stuff
Right, The Wood was more coming of age. I'll still watch Dope though, as I'm sure it's good in its own right.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I did end up watching this movie, which kept me plenty entertained while installing these mini twists so I don't have to restyle/rewash my hair several times this week.

It was funny, and I liked the very end because of Malcolm's speech. It was a coming of age, but not completely a coming of age movie. Didn't stop me from enjoying it on a superficial level though.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this movie felt like it had 3 different plots, but man did I enjoy the shyt out of it. the soundtrack was great, the characters were cool, the naked chick was hot, everyone was good in it. i'm actually looking out for the all the actors involved. who knew Asap Rocky could act?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally watching this shyt now, and no need to bring the debate back, but the N word usage in this movie is out of fukking control.

As far as the movie overall, it's decent. It started slow to me, it was funny in a lot of parts, it's all over the place though. Comparisons to The Wood is why I watched it so some of my disappointment for the movie is probably based off of that.