Daps
And its hilarious how much ASAP and Adoree look alike

bgpo2v.jpg

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I finally got around to watching it. 2/3's of it was good, but it got really bad towards the end, but redeemed itself at the very end. Zoe looked as good as she's ever looked. ASAP surprisingly did a good job. Malcolm' s flat top looked off.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Great movie for what it was, which is a "coming of age" adult comedy for 20somethings. There is a definite shortage of young Black movies nowadays and I feel like this held down that spot admirably. We need more movies like this and I hope the generally positive reception of this inspires the "powers that be" in Hollywood to get more of these out there.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
finally got a chance to see it. 2/5.

weirdly i have no problem with the identity politics of the film. im sure its problematic but i wanted to shut that part of me off to give this film a fair chance. even with me disconnecting my brain from that, film just wasnt good at all. form a craft point of view, story point of view. character development point of view. only good thing about it was the cinematography. thats the only dope part. even the soundtrack, great songs and all, wasnt used in an interesting way.

still, i wouldnt go all wesley morris and start calling rick famuyiwa a c00n or sell out, thats bullshyt. it just wasnt a intersting or well crafted story. maybe im getting older and holding on to my youth too much but this film is not seeing House Party, Friday, or any of those hood comedy classics.

Last edited:
Daps
finally got a chance to see it. 2/5.

weirdly i have no problem withthe identity politics of the film. im sure its problematic but i wanted to shut that part of me off to give this film a fair chance. even with me disconnecting my brain form that, film just wasnt good at all. form a craft point of view, story point of view. character development point of view. only good thing about it was the cinematography. thats the only dope part. even the soundtrack, great songs and all, wasnt used in an interesting way.

still, i wouldnt go all wesley morris and start calling rick famuyiwa a c00n or sell out, thats bullshyt. it just wasnt a intersting or well crafted story. maybe im getting older and holding on to my youth too much but this film is not seeing House Party, Friday, or any of those hood comedy classics.
Nah, nothing of the sort. There's nothing redeemable about this film whatsoever. As corny as some of those "hood classics" are - they were original and had their own voice - this shyt is void of all that.

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
2 out of 5 tho? damn..not even worth 2.5? 3? lol

i liked it. its a fun flick. nothing more. nothing less. not classic but i'll watch it again. they should do a sequel though and tie up some of those loose ends...stories just veer off and never get mentioned again.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I thought it was pretty good. I can't front tho I'm always irked at how the so called enlightened black protagonist has to be a cosigner of f*ggotry.