Dope (2015) - Comedy of Young black kids in LA in coming of age story

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
How hard could it have been to grow a flat top?

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The movie held my interest. Good to see my nikka Stacy getting some work. And I knew this little broad had to look coo without the lesbo attire.

diggy-kiersey.jpg

latest

kiersey-clemons-games-1-4-s-307x512.jpg

KierseyFinal_LoRes_07-262x300.jpg

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Just saw this and really liked it. It has its flaws but I found it to be really enjoyable. There were 2 things I didn't really like though.

1) The Austin Jacoby character was terrible. His voice, the way he spoke, the way he looked and acted were all :trash:

2) To a much smaller degree, but in the Harvard essay
Malcolm talks about having started an online business that made over $100,000. I might have missed something but did they mention what his cover for that business was? I'm pretty sure Harvard would have questions about what that business was.
Maybe I'm just looking too much into it since I know that speech was meant just as much for the audience in real life as it was for Harvard in the movie life.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I haven't read through this thread, but I was hoping someone posted about it somewhere! There wasn't anything in TLR, so I thought I'd find something here.

I remember hearing about this last year and wanting to watch it, but I was waiting for it to hit either Netflix or Hulu. I'm a "cord cutter" and get all my content from my Roku 3 and streaming.

I plan on watching this movie today, and relaxing. Hope it's a good one! I really miss movies like The Wood, Best Man, because they remind me of simpler times growing up. I'll never forget the summer my siblings and I listened to The Wood soundtrack on repeat traveling to and from DC to TX with our father, in his Camaro. I was 12 that summer, they were 11 and 6, and we still randomly start singing "back in the day when I was young..." And laugh because of the memories. We lost our father very unexpectedly and suddenly last year, so now memories like that are even more special.

I know I'm off topic, but my point is... Something about seeing the styling of Dope evoked nostalgia in me, and I want to see a movie featuring black characters that isn't based on slavery, honestly. Proud to be a black woman, but my people are more than just descendants of slaves, or some other stereotypical role.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I haven't read through this thread, but I was hoping someone posted about it somewhere! There wasn't anything in TLR, so I thought I'd find something here.

I remember hearing about this last year and wanting to watch it, but I was waiting for it to hit either Netflix or Hulu. I'm a "cord cutter" and get all my content from my Roku 3 and streaming.

I plan on watching this movie today, and relaxing. Hope it's a good one! I really miss movies like The Wood, Best Man, because they remind me of simpler times growing up. I'll never forget the summer my siblings and I listened to The Wood soundtrack on repeat traveling to and from DC to TX with our father, in his Camaro. I was 12 that summer, they were 11 and 6, and we still randomly start singing "back in the day when I was young..." And laugh because of the memories. We lost our father very unexpectedly and suddenly last year, so now memories like that are even more special.

I know I'm off topic, but my point is... Something about seeing the styling of Dope evoked nostalgia in me, and I want to see a movie featuring black characters that isn't based on slavery, honestly. Proud to be a black woman, but my people are more than just descendants of slaves, or some other stereotypical role.
It gives off the wood vibe but not quite there they could've had some more stuff happen with him and his crew