jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
@valet
I loved the movie

I didn't like tyga cause he sucks as an actor. I can tell he ain't really hood and it sounded forced even when he said nikka.

Zoe is my babe to the death but her use of nikka even sounded :huhldup:

First time I've ever been attracted to Zoe on that level.

She looks so much like her god damn mother I had Cosby flashbacks.

No roofies tho.

:20smj:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
It was a little all over the place, but had enough humour and an interesting storyline to keep me and my friends engaged. The premise was a bit far-fetched but so are most coming of age comedies. There were some cool 90s hip-hop references and discussions and I definetly identify with the offbeat black protagonist.

It fell apart a little at the end, but then wrapped things up in a neat little bow that made me feel good.

6 out of 10 :ld:
6/10 tho :patrice:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I struggled with rating this but ultimately I had to ask myself would I pay to see this again? And the answer is 'No'. But I'd gladly watch it again on TV :yeshrug:

i agree, 6/10 for me too. I applauded this movie for going a different direction but it didn't really do anything with it. Two unrealistic things happened in the third act, pointing a gun at someone and there not be any consequences and that check cashing dude just going to take the 10, 000 and be cool.

Also the main character doesn't listen to his girlfriends needs and she selfish anyway, that relationship aint lasting

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Did Kiersey Clemons really flash them thangs...
I'm thinking bout catching it today