Doordashers are messaging customers BEFORE delivery and demanding a bigger tip

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
I was heavy in the Doordash/Walmart Spark game back in 2021-2022 but I'm basically out of the Gig Economy at this point. Everybody and their mama jumped on and have turned off customers being extremely entitled. Food markup on Uber Eats/Doordash is crazy high unless you use promo codes. It was easy to make $22-$28 (or even more) during peak hours.

Many of them bought cars with the intention of using that income to pay it off faster, now they can't rely on it because inflation hit hard and offers are way down.

I don't see these same people clowning 9-5 jobs like they were 2-3 years ago:jbhmm:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I tip whatever the default is, unless it’s cold or raining. Hell, one time they forgot my fries, so I got a refund and added that to the tip. I was in a good mood.

And when I used to live on the third floor, I’d come down stairs to the door (buzzer didn’t work). But if I have to go outside to meet you for my food…fukk that.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
These employees doing this shyt are dumb as fukk...I'd tell that idiot you can keep that shyt, screenshot the message and send it to the app customer service...Congratulations on being unemployed, you played yourself...

The last time I used one of these services in NY (think it was Uber eats) they charged me $28 without the tip for a $13 bowl from fukking Chiptole...That's your problem right there, why is the customer paying double for the food and where is that extra money going? According to the apps its service and delivery charges yet the drivers claim they getting none of that...Logically explain to me how is that the customers problem? The customer is getting price gouged by the app and chastised by their dumbass drivers who can't seem to comprehend their beef is with their employer...Its retarded and needless to say I never used this service again...

Last edited:

TDA92

Yo cousin Craig..hook us up.
Daps
I use doordash all the time and never experienced this. I try to order from places relatively close by though.
I have also never experienced this. These dashers must be lazy because every doordasher i talk to says they make bank (if you do things right, tips won't even matter). They've never asked for a tip, no matter how long the delivery takes but I always tip.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give $10-$11 tip for DD.

If we getting to the point that that's not enough, then DD needs to die.

Like breh, at the store in person, my order is $10 for fast food (comes to $28 something on DD), and $20 for a takeout spot (comes $39 something on DD).

DD is doubling or tripling the price (including my tip). How isn't that enough :hhh: Are we supposed to pay $70 for Panda Express to make yall happy?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
fukk Uber Eats. Done with them.
They started hiring drivers who neither speak nor read English.
The drivers need instructions to get access to my spot.
They can't read the instructions and I gotta go out and find these mfs.
They started going crazy with the fees, too.

Doordash must treat their drivers like shyt because they definitely don't place a premium on service.
I just started ordering from places who do their own delivery.
This just happened to me this weekend, guy communicating with me in Spanish and not picking up my calls only to end up leaving my food on the ground at some random address. I messaged Uber customer service and they were like “we showed the driver at the service address so we can’t adjust your order”. I literally typed “fukk y’all” and cancelled my Uber one.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The problem is people have life messed up and confused.

I don’t blame door dash, I blame the idiotic grown men who really thinks these kind of jobs should be able to support him.

20 years ago a pizza delivery driver was considered a HS job any grown man delivering pizza for a living was considered a looser.

How much do they really expect from a McDonald’s meal for 20 bucks as a tip.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
So NOT tipping is unethical? LOL nikka shut the fukk up.

I didn’t say not tipping is unethical, but I did say “I don’t expect randoms to be ethical” and I stand by that. In this reference, the standard is you order, you pay a certain percentage extra. Again if you’re trusting someone you’ve never meet to do the right thing, you lost.

Got it?

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I always tip $5 or $6 in advance. I don’t want my food sitting around for 30 or 45 minutes because they see $2.50 and ignore the order.

The pay really should be better for them; but this is unacceptable. If you don’t like the pay, don’t take the order. Just wait for the next one That pays more