DOOM OT

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
the guns hold no weight
and I keep getting the same execution kills over and over

whats snapmap? is that for multiplayer?

this game has potential but i just keep doing the same thing over and over
I truly find it amazing that the majority of gamers perform the same EXACT action hundreds, thousands of times during the course of ANY game they play and will thus describe gameplay experiences as either boring or exciting when in turn they are exactly the same thing

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I like it so far

Only things I don't like are the gun switch wheel bullshyt.. why not just make all the guns switch from R1 ?????

or truly pause when I go to the wheel ..ain't no body got time to think about a fukkin wheel in the middle of a hell fight

also... not knowing where my feet are in relation to the edge of anything

Also havent got a feel for the jump & pull yourself up yet either cause I can't see my hands or body

I end up over jumping and diving off ledges

:thumbsdown:
I got used to the gun wheel fast and was switching in the middle of fights like nothing. The game is really about staying on the move and keeping momentum.
Charge every enemy, none of them are invincible and all of them have their weaknesses. I beat the game charging at every enemy with the double barrel shotgun shooting once, and circling around them and shooting them in the back. That or a quick shot to the chest, hop back a few steps, let them swing and miss and shoot em again.
I had a blast.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Bout to start hunting for the "Classic" levels.
I didn't know they were actual FULL levels when you pick them from the menu....:snoop:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
DoomRev610.jpg

Part of what made this year's Doom so great was its return to a more classic, arcade style of shooting. It keeps the action high and the cutscenes low, meaning you're always in the thick of it and shooting more demons.

With its latest update to the game, Bethesda and Id are hoping to further harness that style. The update adds a new arcade mode which allows players to go into every level with every gun, rune and equipment fully upgraded and compete with their friends online for high scores.

The update also adds new "Classic Modules," which let players build levels resembling those of earlier games. Finally, two new multiplayer modes, Possession and Bloodrush, create asychronous teams of Marines and Prowler demons and have players managing their ability to respawn, respectively. The update is available now.

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
Just got this

Is it a bad idea to start playing the hame with HUD off and no crosshairs? Game looks PIFF without all that clutter

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just got this

Is it a bad idea to start playing the hame with HUD off and no crosshairs? Game looks PIFF without all that clutter
Depends on the difficulty. I don't remember if I played on normal or hard. (I think I played on hard) Either way on my play through I felt like the difficulty was paced well with the first half being on the easy side. The game rewards you for chaining kills together so be aggressive.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
This shyt is piffffffffffffffffff. Tired of all those try hard shooters taking themselves all seriously. Didn't like Doom 3 very much, and glad to see it go back to its roots. I never played the old Dooms growing up, but I played shyt like Serious Sam and Painkiller, so I'm happy to get some shyt like that again.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
I just started playing this, for the ps4 unfortunately, but got damn its fun as fukk and playing on ultra violence is very challenging and rewarding.

A mouse would but much better in terms of accuracy but i have a pretty decent method goin on right now...

Lock on missles, quick change to super shotty, and final blow with the rocket.

I just got to hell and i think the flaming skulls and these bytches thst teleport are the most difficult to kill.

Those sluts that teleport i just use the chainsaw on because it is pointless to track them on a controller

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Also there is a pretty cool mini documentary series on youtube by noclip if i remember correctly about the making of this game...

You shoulda seen what they had planned for the original release...looked like total ass