Don't Worry Darling | Sept 23, 2022 | Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Olivia Wilde, Chris Pine

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Movie made me realize how ahead of its time The Truman Show was, and that one managed to pull its story off way better. This felt like a mediocre film with the potential to be even greater than what we got. Pugh unsurprisingly was carrying this thing hard, MVP campaign-like.

Didn’t find Styles’ performance to be god-awful like social media portrayed it as, but he was definitely outshined by the rest of the cast and for a character as integral to the plot as he is, that’s no bueno. I’ll say it again - Would’ve much rather preferred Shia in this role.

Wilde impressed me with Booksmart, so I was stoked to watch this but damn, it turns out the behind the scenes controversy was a much more entertaining ride than the actual film. Seriously, someone should compile all of those details up into its own Hearts of Darkness esque documentary. :deadrose:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this movie trash to the point that it's entertaining is it just boring?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Is this movie trash to the point that it's entertaining is it just boring?
Thought it was still entertaining despite the lackluster script. Not trash, just middle of the road. The concepts it explores has already been dealt with in Twilight Zone, Black Mirror, and other fictional properties.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
wasn't bad but wasn't amazing either just ok
like 6/10
the twist was ok for me but :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: at
incel dude spending who knows what in this world to stay instead of just signing up for a cert class to actual get their money up in the real world
so when he got promoted does that mean he gets to pay less?
I guess this is what Meta's Metaverse would be like
also
I knew that this movie would have a woman power moment. so when Gemma Chang stabbed Chris Pratt I just :manny: not complaining women can do their thing if they want. but she could've shown that she was itching to do it. honestly having her do the conversation in the kitchen instead of Chris makes more sense.
but Chris Prat's character is an idiot in this. you created the whole program but
anyone can drive a car? you can't just stop the car with a button?
can't just freeze a user?
can't freeze the environment?
can't automatically log out someone?
WHY MAKE IT SO THAT SOMEONE DIES IN REAL LIFE :mjlol:
too many plot holes
white people have to let the 50's go damn:laff:

Last edited: