Don’t vote? Veteran Democratic Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, cut it out. They’re only feasible in your mind until a Dem comes out and says they aren’t. It’s like I said, I applaud this man and I will vote for anyone who puts black issues to the forefront like he did, but stop being dishonest. You’re coming off just like the white liberals in that study who they say think blacks are stupid.

Bernie and Obama both have said that this can't get passed and yet I'm still for reparations. Me and others have talked about reparations in the form of tax breaks in other threads. Yall really must have me confused with homie with the symbols in his name lmao. I aint him and me and him don't agree on a lot of issues. We are just both not apart of the dont vote circle jerk.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having a hard time understanding where yall stand. First it was don't vote cause dems dont propose anything specifically for us, now it's don't vote because it's meaningless if we don't have an economic base. How does that make sense if dems are supporting reparations, healthcare reform/universal health care, public education, criminal just reform, etc and other things that benefit blacks that they can enact if they had greater numbers which can be achieved by simply voting?

I agree we need an economic base to support our agenda through money, but not voting until we get there seems silly.

:francis:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Nap and the other DNC negroes said you couldn’t do this?
:lupe:
Is this fake news? Or are DNC Coli nikkas full of shyt?

I'm the residential coli black liberal and I've never said that reparations were not something that can't be done. It can't be done with the current makeup of the congress, but it can be done eventually if we vote. I believe this post is clear evidence that if we had MORE dems in congress, this is definitely possible and the support is there.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Well when more Dems step out like this congressman did, and put forth something, then they might get me to vote for them as a whole again.

As of now, I will vote against Trump in 2020, but after that, folks gone have to earn any vote coming from me.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Bernie and Obama both have said that this can't get passed and yet I'm still for reparations. Me and others have talked about reparations in the form of tax breaks in other threads. Yall really must have me confused with homie with the symbols in his name lmao. I aint him and me and him don't agree on a lot of issues. We are just both not apart of the dont vote circle jerk.
Alright, nikka.
:comeon:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Obama actually supports the idea of reparations but doesn’t think it’s practical politically, meaning that people wouldn’t vote for it. He never said it was unfair to immigrants or other minorities. He said that other people would think it is unfair and that’s why you wouldn’t get a plurality of people to vote for it. He’s speaking to the reality of getting something like that passed, not his own feelings on the matter. Obama is a very pragmatic person. You could consider that a strength and a weakness.

So, I came to a new understanding last night about the messaging we should be using to advocate for reparations. "Yes, but they'll never give it to us" should be considered an anti-reparations stance. Taken this way, it's much easier to cut down on the noise from go along to get along nikkas like Obama. I feel it's a necessary shift bc these loud 'Ain't never gonna happen' nikkas clog up the conversation with a bunch of bs.

I'm focusing on messaging bc the main problem I see with reparations is the amount of BLACK people who are against it. We can't even organize to get at white folks yet cuz it's too many nikkas playing interference. We should put them in the anti- reparations crew, right with the Alt Righters, mainline Dems, and so called Progressives (who are progressive on everything and everybody, except us), and allow the conversation to continue with people who aren't so 'conflicted'. :mjpls:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I came to a new understanding last night about the messaging we should be using to advocate for reparations. "Yes, but they'll never give it to us" should be considered an anti-reparations stance. Taken this way, it's much easier to cut down on the noise from go along to get along nikkas like Obama. I feel it's a necessary shift bc these loud 'Ain't never gonna happen' nikkas clog up the conversation with a bunch of bs.

I'm focusing on messaging bc the main problem I see with reparations is the amount of BLACK people who are against it. We can't even organize to get at white folks yet cuz it's too many nikkas playing interference. We should put them in the anti- reparations crew, right with the Alt Righters, mainline Dems, and so called Progressives (who are progressive on everything and everybody, except us), and allow the conversation to continue with people who aren't so 'conflicted'. :mjpls:
:lolbron:@ @dj-method-x dappin this up:russ:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lolbron:@ @dj-method-x dappin this up:russ:

Nah breh, while I understand what Obama and Bernie means when it comes to the realistic chances that a plurality of people will come around to favor reparations, I wish they would have just shut the fukk up and said “yes I support reparations” publically and kept the rest of those comments to themselves instead of saying “yes but....”

@HarlemHottie has a point.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Buh buh but the coli told me that we shouldn’t vote because black Democratic politicians don’t want to do anything for black people.

This is pretty old. See, I actual keep up with politics.

You was looking all day for this?

I've been on this;

Look up; HR 40 Bill and HR 1242.

Now, ask me this; why aren't these Democrats supporting this? Why wasn't this a rallying cry during the Midterms?

It's because they don't support it.

Don't play with me. And don't tag me.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've been on this;

Now, ask me this; why aren't these Democrats supporting this? Why wasn't this a rallying cry during the Midterms?

How do you claim they don’t support it but a Democrat wrote it and all these democrats cosponsored it.

Bill co-sponsor(s):

There’s no way you could actually be this dense.

:gucci:

shadowking

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:

They’re threatening to indict/impeach the republican president but can’t pass a reparations bill? :mjpls:

And you're naive enough to think they have the votes to impeach?
Do you even know the articles of impeachment? You can Google

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

I've been on this;

Real shyt, I been hearing about this bill for YEARS. I think I even remember watching Conyers live on cspan talking about it. Funny, though. No one ever, ever mentions it. Not Dems, black or white, who want our votes, OR, even Repubs who could use it to rile the base. The only time its invoked (usu in online debates) is to shame us.