DON'T fukk THIS UP (AGAIN) KYLE!!....2024 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS SEASON THREAD.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Tbh what bothers me most about Brock rn is that he still embraces gunslinger mentality.

This was a game like the cowboys 22 playoffs game or the SB where you had to be patient wait for others teams mistakes and just tread water for a bit and game manage. The offense was overmatched. Yeah the D isn't the same anymore so at some point they had to air it out but I don't get why not look for short stuff. This obsession with explosive plays that inevitably die in the endzone is puzzling.
He's also been breaking the structure of the offense and attempting to make more plays with his feet now. He doesn't trust this offense. And for a guy who made his money by being 100% locked into a flow state with the rhythm and timing of the offense, that's tough. I think Aiyuk's holdout really fukked up the chemistry of the offense, along with CMC being out obviously.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Tbh what bothers me most about Brock rn is that he still embraces gunslinger mentality.

This was a game like the cowboys 22 playoffs game or the SB where you had to be patient wait for others teams mistakes and just tread water for a bit and game manage. The offense was overmatched. Yeah the D isn't the same anymore so at some point they had to air it out but I don't get why not look for short stuff. This obsession with explosive plays that inevitably die in the endzone is puzzling.

This is the crux of Brock Purdy's style. He is always trying to make the play. When there are times it is better to check down, throw it away or even take a sack.

But with that said we also have maybe the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league. I have never seen an O-Line get overpowered as much since maybe the Mike Nolan days but even then we were recovering from salary cap hell.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
There are only 4 special QBs in the league who this statement doesn't apply to. Every other top 15-20 QB is capable of high quality production under the right circumstances, and low quality production under the wrong circumstances (like having your top 3 WRs and RB out). And if we're being honest, the 4 special QBs have all had spells of mediocre production as well. The correct approach is that if you have a guy playing at a very high level in your system for an extended period of time like Brock has been playing, you pay them. That's why Dak got paid. That's why Burrow got paid. That's why Love got paid. That's why Goff got paid. Purdy is in that class, so he'll get paid like they did. It is what it is.

this

overall, I think we and others need to worry less about Purdy getting paid and more about the guys who have been paid….. being on the field and being productive.

There has yet to be a SB winning QB and Elite QB that has had major success without their guys with them.

BA can’t be dropping key passes like he has today, matter of fact I think last week or so an announcer says BA now has more drops this year than all season last year and this like game 5 or 6.

All the talent and skills and etc any QB can have, none have and will ever be successful without the other pieces. So yea guys like MIT and other are right. Maybe another QB can come in to be productive. But the ones yall trynna put over Purdy, I don’t see them coming here and winning it all, yet alone doing better without their weapons while other things falling apart.

that take is disingenuous at this point

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This is the crux of Brock Purdy's style. He is always trying to make the play. When there are times it is better to check down, throw it away or even take a sack.

But with that said we also have maybe the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league. I have never seen an O-Line get overpowered as much since maybe the Mike Nolan days but even then we were recovering from salary cap hell.
I really dont think thats the case

I know fans place every pressure created on the oline, but almost none of blitz pressures are really on the oline

line isnt good, but its not the worst by a long shot. Ive watched the eagles beat the brakes off the giants oline today without blitzing much, just straight 4 man rush demolishing that line.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Yeah, 2 reasons for that, no time to scan, and since he always bails to the left, we basically eliminate the right side of the field. 2 of those picks he threw were because he had pressure affecting his throws. Usually he takes off to the left and teams know so they are going man and bringing pressure on the right and almost dropping into a zone underneath to eliminate the short stuff. On film we see the issues but on the field in real time it's almost impossible to spot. It's what Minnesota did and what KC did today. Not all teams are disciplined enough to play that kind of defense but the ones that are, are not gonna let the QB play hero ball so what Kyle has to do is scheme up quick hitters which he isn't doing this year. It looks like the offense he ran in Atlanta with Matt Ryan tbh. But you need a great line for that to work.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I know fans place every pressure created on the oline, but almost none of blitz pressures are really on the oline

line isnt good, but its not the worst by a long shot. Ive watched the eagles beat the brakes off the giants oline today without blitzing much, just straight 4 man rush demolishing that line.

Prior to losing Andrew Thomas the Giants have one of the leagues better O-Lines infact the best they played since Eli Manning was there. But it speaks how impactful Thomas is.

And the Eagles in terms of player by player talent are an elite D-Line.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

It's smoke and mirrors, Bosa for example is filling the stat sheets up with pressures but is he really? Time and time again he's getting off the line and running past the QB, the qb steps up and boom 1st down but on paper it's a pressure for Bosa but he kinda doing the Olines job for them smh. Every sack he's gotten this year has been him taking the long route to the QB, even today. He got too deep on his rush and Pat held on to the ball too long.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are only 4 special QBs in the league who this statement doesn't apply to. Every other top 15-20 QB is capable of high quality production under the right circumstances, and low quality production under the wrong circumstances (like having your top 3 WRs and RB out). And if we're being honest, the 4 special QBs have all had spells of mediocre production as well. The correct approach is that if you have a guy playing at a very high level in your system for an extended period of time like Brock has been playing, you pay them. That's why Dak got paid. That's why Burrow got paid. That's why Love got paid. That's why Goff got paid. Purdy is in that class, so he'll get paid like they did. It is what it is.
OK. If I had Dak, I wouldn't pay him that kind of money either. Would not feel comfortable giving Brock a mega deal. I'd say the same for Darnold.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It's smoke and mirrors, Bosa for example is filling the stat sheets up with pressures but is he really? Time and time again he's getting off the line and running past the QB, the qb steps up and boom 1st down but on paper it's a pressure for Bosa but he kinda doing the Olines job for them smh. Every sack he's gotten this year has been him taking the long route to the QB, even today. He got too deep on his rush and Pat held on to the ball too long.
yes ? Bosa creates pressures and yes sometimes smart teams will use his aggressiveness against him

my point is a lot of fans see pressure that is created off a blitz and blame the oline. thats not how it works. blitz is beaten by a QB/playcall/receivers

in this game spags blitzed a lot and most of them disrupted the offense. we knew they were coming and still didnt have great blitz beaters. also we suck at picking blitzes up.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I'll say it. Nick Bosa is just a big and strong meathead. He feasts on statue QBs and mediocre tackles but when you have to deal with a mobile QB or a better tackle he gets washed out of plays to often.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Stupid auto-correct.

What I'm saying is I agreed with him in the sense that you could plug in almost half the starters in the league and get the same production.

Wasn't a fan of Darnold but he has the pedgigree and arm strength. Jimmy is ass but looked "good" in Kyle's system.

You have to pay him anyways since there are no other options, but would hate a mega deal.
I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. When you say "same production" do you mean the offense or overall wins?
If it's the latter I agree but if it's about how the offense functions I just don't see how you can say that. This O was not nearly as good with Jimmy as it was with Brock, even when Jimmy had CMC. He was fukking awful at big plays, couldn't make a deep throw to save his life and had a knack of throwing ill timed INT. Purdy doesn't have a big arm but he has no issue going for big plays and he actually connects a ton of deep throws (even if half of them are underthrown just by enough to not let the WR get a TD).

And we saw Darnold try with this offense as well and he was ASS, why would I think he could potentially get the same results as Purdy when I literally saw him be unable to complete a simple pass to a wide open receiver because he threw an uncatchable bullet? That arm strength would be wasted on our offense because he'd either throw too many picks and Kyle would be on his ass all the time or he'd be overthrowing people :dead:

The money conversion is puzzling to me. We overpaid Jimmy G. We will overpay Brock. In what fantasy world would a NFL team NOT overpay a decent QB that makes their offense work? If somehow Darnold would've worked under Kyle, you bet your ass he would've gotten a huge extension and you'd be complaining about him getting too much money :russ: same would happen with whatever "decent QB" you can think of. If the guy gets results, he'll be paid a fukk ton of money, that's it.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'll say it. Nick Bosa is just a big and strong meathead. He feasts on statue QBs and mediocre tackles but when you have to deal with a mobile QB or a better tackle he gets washed out of plays to often.
nah thats crazy talk. Bosa has a motor and often sniffs out screens and is good in the run game and often makes tackles in horizontal game. he sniffed out one screen today and pat had to dirt it

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

He can be a force but he doesn't play with discipline. He also doesn't have any counter moves.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
yes ? Bosa creates pressures and yes sometimes smart teams will use his aggressiveness against him

my point is a lot of fans see pressure that is created off a blitz and blame the oline. thats not how it works. blitz is beaten by a QB/playcall/receivers

in this game spags blitzed a lot and most of them disrupted the offense. we knew they were coming and still didnt have great blitz beaters. also we suck at picking blitzes up.

This is all true, but there's a reason ALL teams blitz the right side against us. Plus, they didn't even try to hide it, we have no screens in our repertoire, it would have been perfect to go WR screen or quick throw to a hot read behind the blitz but we never did. Kittle was our only really option there and since he was our primary help on blitz pickups, but couldn't because he had to be our top receiver too, they feasted all game.