Donkey Kong Trilogy on SNES was lowkey better than Mario

Daps
Reppin
NYC
bold claim but i may have to agree.

never played 3 but 1 and 2 were both perfect games full of innovation and variety. plus the graphics and atmosphere might put it over the top. amazing design from top to bottom.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
DK2 has some of my favourite music ever in video games. Forest Interlude & Stickerbrush Symphony are some of the most amazing songs to ever appear in gaming. David Wise is the GOAT.

But aside from the soundtrack, SMW alone blows the entire DKC series out of the water IMO. Level design, enemy design, weapon/power-up versatility (no character ability in DKC touches the SMW cape), are all so superior in SMW.

Unrelated: Mario Maker elevated the Mario 1/3/SMW platforms even further, the SMM community is so creative.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
image7.jpg

Low key I prefer these games over Mario Bros on the SNES.

The Wii U game, Tropical Freeze is MUCH better than New Super Mario Bros Wii U(Not Super 3D world though that shyt was :whew:)

I don' t even think Sonic was fukkin with Donkey Kong Country cept for Sonic 3 and on a good day Sonic and Knuckles.
That first one kicked down the buildings when those graphics first dropped. Everybody was literally shocked at that machine pulling off graphics like that:whoo::ohlawd:

Daps
Ever since I learned you an adult Crash bandicoot stan, I can't take anything you post serious.

I agree with that. I never understood the hype for crash. Even back in the day when crash was actually good. IT STILL wasn't better then Ratchet/Jak or Sly

A crash reboot will be horrible with the benchmarks set by such classics as Mario Galaxy. Tropical Freeze(wii u) and Ratchet and Clank(PS4)

Crash bandicoot was dope for the most part.

Crash bandicoot time warped:wow:

The disrespect is too much. Crash bandicoot built the foundation for the PlayStation franchise.:yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crash bandicoot was dope for the most part.

Crash bandicoot time warped:wow:

The disrespect is too much. Crash bandicoot built the foundation for the PlayStation franchise.:yeshrug:
Crash 1-3 was fukking fire. I first played Crash on that PSX demo disc, shyt was too damn fun. Crash 1 was ight but it was really the sequels that was piff.

Crash 2 was :ohlawd: Crash 3 was just even better.

Reviews were great too at the time
Crash 2 Scores said:
Crash 3 has a 91 on Metacritic
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Top notch game

It ain't nostalgia kicking either as I played Crash earlier this week and it was as fun as ever. The gameplay is simple yet fun(just run and jump) and that genre is ageless. When I see this disrespect, it's quite baffling. I was a N64 kid(Zelda, Smash Bros, Goldeneye, DDR>>>) but PS1 had shyt on lockdown with Crash, FF, Tekken, RE and a BUNCH of other classics.

Last edited:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
DK trilogy on SNES is fire but it's not touching the amount of fire that Super Mario All-Stars was packing on 1 single cartridge.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is a Top 10 GOAT game fam. DKC 2 is a premiere title but I don't see it edging out SMB3.

And on top of that you have Super Mario World too??????????? Man listen.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Missed out on a classic. DKC2 is universally known as one of the best platformers of all time.
I know and in this day and age of the emulator, I plan on giving DKC2 and 3 the time of day if not just to complete the trilogy, but back then I looked at the box and got pissed off at a lack of Donkey Kong and chucked it to the bushes as a young breh. Outside of Diddy Kong's racing, I never really cared much for Diddy as as character, always preferring to use Donkey when I can.

To be honest I'm looking forward to the music. Even as a kid I remember just really falling in love with the tunes after I beat the game and stopped stressing about how hard a level was at the time.:wow: one of the best Christmases second only to that one Christmas where I got Super Mario RPG.

Off the strength of this track alone.
OP has told no lies.

:ohlawd: I remember when I used to just hit this stage and put down the controller and let this shyt play out. I'm actually annoyed with myself that I don't got the soundtrack for any of the DKC games on my shyts now.