Donald Glover Reportedly Frontrunner For Young Lando Calrissian Role

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Exactly the point I was making earlier. Critics upset about lack of blacks in Girls, a show based in New York. So they picked a nikka put em in the very first 2 episodes and then never seen em again. I love that Donald gettin paid outchea, but he's starting to get in that Wayne Brady area soon. Where cars feel comfortable with him.

They actually wanted him for 5 episodes but NBC wouldn't allow him more than 2 as he was under contract with the studio while on Community.

The whole "Donald Glover is a safe negro" argument would have legs IF he wasn't mad talented to begin with. The guy has been working around Cacs since the beginning of his career as a writer on 30 Rock fresh out of college. So he's built working relationships with the likes of Tina Fey, Dan Harmon, etc. but he also reps his blackness to the fullest. Listen to his albums, the first album he spoke on being a black man coming up in a Cac dominated industry and the racism he dealt with, also spoke on the racism he dealt with growing up in Stone Mountain. He speaks on it in his stand up comedy and he explained that the main theme of his new show Atlanta was exploring what it means to be black.

You are also incorrect in the assumption that he has had shows "built around him". He was part of an ensemble in Community and stood out due to his comedic timing and acting chops. The show wasn't "built" around his character and ran for a further season and a half after his departure. The upcoming Atlanta also wasn't "built" for him. He created the show from the ground up, he's the main writer and producer, and spent two years conceptualizing it. The show is entirely his brain child it wasn't "given" to him by Cacs.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They actually wanted him for 5 episodes but NBC wouldn't allow him more than 2 as he was under contract with the studio while on Community.

The whole "Donald Glover is a safe negro" argument would have legs IF he wasn't mad talented to begin with. The guy has been working around Cacs since the beginning of his career as a writer on 30 Rock fresh out of college. So he's built working relationships with the likes of Tina Fey, Dan Harmon, etc. but he also reps his blackness to the fullest. Listen to his albums, the first album he spoke on being a black man coming up in a Cac dominated industry and the racism he dealt with, also spoke on the racism he dealt with growing up in Stone Mountain. He speaks on it in his stand up comedy and he explained that the main theme of his new show Atlanta was exploring what it means to be black.

You are also incorrect in the assumption that he has had shows "built around him". He was part of an ensemble in Community and stood out due to his comedic timing and acting chops. The show wasn't "built" around his character and ran for a further season and a half after his departure. The upcoming Atlanta also wasn't "built" for him. He created the show from the ground up, he's the main writer and producer, and spent two years conceptualizing it. The show is entirely his brain child it wasn't "given" to him by Cacs.
Yup.

The comparison to Wayne Brady is :dahell:

And like you said, he's spoken out against racism.

“childish gambino is a white rapper”
i wanna be a white rapper.
i wanna be so white im the biggest rapper of all time.

i wanna be so white i can have a number one song with cursing and parents are fine with it.
i wanna be so white and so big i get to eat dinner with the koch brothers.

i hope I’m so big and white i can go to clippers games and it not be a statement.
i hope I’m so white they let my friend out of jail sooner.

i hope I’m so big and white my cousin wasn’t shot and stabbed twice in the neck twice last month.
i wanna be so big. so white.

i wanna be so big and and so white that white dads feel comfortable sending their daughters,
who are home for the summer from Stanford, to my show.

and after the performance they come hang with me on my bus and we smoke and then we fukk to young dro
and she holds my face in her hands and her eyes roll back in her head.

then she goes home and her dad says “how was the show?” and she says “it was fun. they had lasers.”
i hope i become so big and and so white that G-Eazy will say “damn, this nikka is white” and everyone will agree and nod.

i want to be so big and white that people are scared. “what if this spreads?
what if everyone starts to get big and white? what if this works for everyone and everyone can experience this whiteness and this bigness?”

i hope i become too big and too white.
but i am just a black male.
i am a nikka.

I’ve been threatened by police twice this year, hand on holster. “and i’m childish gambino”.
so when someone calls me a “white rapper”, i wanna make sure they understand i don’t have all the benefits.

twitter isn’t wack. activism isn’t wack. twitter activism is wack to me. it’s only half of activism.
this is not an apology.

“when ur turn comes, please listen” – my mom on the police. i don’t think it’s fair she has to feel that way.

Childish Gambino Talks About the Realities of White Privilege
When asked by Charlamagne why, “we can’t be black and great, or just human and great,” Gambino replied:

“Well, I agree, we always want to be human and part of the same thing, because we are. But the truth is, we aren’t because they won’t let us, […] it’s just not set up that way. Whiteness is blankness, they look at it like a blank slate, like when you come in you can be anything; Like when I walk in, even if I have a bow tie, they might be like, ‘is he Muslim?’ They’re not going to do that with a white dude. White people are a blank slate, but we are not – people bring stuff to it. They judge us based on whatever they know. As a black person, I constantly have to know what a person is assuming about me, that’s what I’m saying.”

Daps
Reppin
T Dot

Your whole post further cements my thoughts. He's a black actor that whites are ok with. All the writers, producers other actors who are cars luv em and are comfortable wit em so he keeps gettin these roles instead of some other young black comedies.

I'm happy for glover go get ur money. I've also listened 2 his music from da jump. If u notice, his music has changed as its not as strong with the white society talks. Also Atlanta sure he started da concept then got cac writers to help Penn and producer it Paul simms and then his manager McGuigan a huge cac power player in Hollywood. I believe the show has been picked up by FX another cac studio.

How many other brothers who are smart and talented penning and creating their own ish have been picked up by these big cac studios and power players in Hollywood.

He is the new Wayne Brady, period. Every few yrs Hollywood picks a handful of brother who they say is ok to fukks wit. And they get the hooks up, the movie roles, TV roles, production deals. Then when they start to feel themselves jewelry Hollywood cuts em off.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Yup.

Actually speaking out against racism is right down Wayne Brady lane,

Wayne Brady Rips Bill Maher Over Controversial Racist Comments [VIDEO]

And

Wayne Brady: ‘The Young Black Man Is Becoming an Endangered Species’

Some of you guys are taking this as an insult tho to Glover. I'm happy for da kid. Been a fan from time but I'm jus Makin an observation he's starting to fall in da cacs luv me area that Brady fell in too.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Yup.

Actually speaking out against racism is right down Wayne Brady lane,

Wayne Brady Rips Bill Maher Over Controversial Racist Comments [VIDEO]

And

Wayne Brady: ‘The Young Black Man Is Becoming an Endangered Species’

Some of you guys are taking this as an insult tho to Glover. I'm happy for da kid. Been a fan from time but I'm jus Makin an observation he's starting to fall in da cacs luv me or are comfortable with me area that Brady fell in too.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Trash.

Replaced a smooth brotha like billy d Williams with a fukk boy who kiss men in the mouth.

Pathetic

GiftOfGabbz

Rookie
Daps
I need the General to approve this.

undercover_billydee.jpg