Donald Glover Reportedly Frontrunner For Young Lando Calrissian Role

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't say Glover was too young I said too modern, as in he's going to stick out like a sore thumb in star wars universe and look like he's playing dress up in lando's clothes
The fukk are you talking about?
It is a make believe story.
Smh the man can act

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I love and hate this casting. I luv it as I'm happy for any brother getting casted or on screen jobs in Hollywood.

But I also hate it cous it's like whenever they need to cast a negro they look for 'safe' options and it's starting to seem Glover be gettin jobs and and calls cous he's seen as a white friendly black actor. Don't get me wrong, hes Madd talented and I respect the brehs but he's starting to get in that Wayne Brady safe choice lane last few years.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Surprised they didn't pick Samuel L Jackson. He seems to get all the black roles these days.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love and hate this casting. I luv it as I'm happy for any brother getting casted or on screen jobs in Hollywood.

But I also hate it cous it's like whenever they need to cast a negro they look for 'safe' options and it's starting to seem Glover be gettin jobs and and calls cous he's seen as a white friendly black actor. Don't get me wrong, hes Madd talented and I respect the brehs but he's starting to get in that Wayne Brady safe choice lane last few years.
Mad bullshyt in your post. Besides the Martian how many roles has he gotten in Hollywood?

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Mad bullshyt in your post. Besides the Martian how many roles has he gotten in Hollywood?

How many black actors you know that have had multiple TV series built around them or for them?

How many black actors have Co starred or even been in more than 1 episode of HBO's Girls?

Shall we continue?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many black actors you know that have had multiple TV series built around them or for them?

How many black actors have Co starred or even been in more than 1 episode of HBO's Girls?

Shall we continue?
How many shows he had built around him? Name them.

And you using girls. most actors from the wire have been in more roles then what Donald got. So please continue

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
How many shows he had built around him? Name them.

And you using girls. most actors from the wire have been in more roles then what Donald got. So please continue

Obviously you do not read or comprehend what my point is.

Girls is a mostly white show, when critics starting saying where are the black ppl in a show based out of new York, they hire Donald glover. He is Hollywood's new go to safe black guy. He's black, he raps but he's not ghetto or scary is how white ppl see him. He is the new Wayne Brady.

How many black actors from The Wire have starred in HBO's Girls?

How many black actors have Co starred in a comedy TV show on prime time TV?

Oh yeah, name the 2 shows he has this role the thread is about, and the show Atlanta as well. That's 2, more than any black actor on TV today.

He was also in The Martian, how many other brothers go a role in that? How about Magic Mike 2, another mostly white cast.

If Hollywood needs a black male to hit their quota for a flick they calling Glover. That's his new role. Congrats young man. Make that money. Just remember tho when Hollywood done wit u they gonna spit u out n never call again.