Donald Glover Reportedly Frontrunner For Young Lando Calrissian Role

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously you do not read or comprehend what my point is.

Girls is a mostly white show, when critics starting saying where are the black ppl in a show based out of new York, they hire Donald glover. He is Hollywood's new go to safe black guy. He's black, he raps but he's not ghetto or scary is how white ppl see him. He is the new Wayne Brady.

How many black actors from The Wire have starred in HBO's Girls?

How many black actors have Co starred in a comedy TV show on prime time TV?

Oh yeah, name the 2 shows he has this role the thread is about, and the show Atlanta as well. That's 2, more than any black actor on TV today.

He was also in The Martian, how many other brothers go a role in that? How about Magic Mike 2, another mostly white cast.

If Hollywood needs a black male to hit their quota for a flick they calling Glover. That's his new role. Congrats young man. Make that money. Just remember tho when Hollywood done wit u they gonna spit u out n never call again.
Your talking nonsense and it is sad you watch girls and hold it up as some kind of Hollywood standard test.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Sweet God in heaven no....

We gonna go from smooth ladies man Billy Dee to sexually ambiguous, socially awkward, occasionally funny loser childish bambino :snoop:

Or Denzel :troll:

LOL

I mean when I think of the actor Donald Glover.... I think of his role on Community.

On shat show he was the cool, swagged out, dumb jock. Had a bad ass white chick wanting to fukk him back and he giving her the stiff arm

I think he's a professional and can portray whatever role he needs to portray, if he's chosen..... just continue to have faith in the Mouse

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL

I mean when I think of the actor Donald Glover.... I think of his role on Community.

On shat show he was the cool, swagged out, dumb jock. Had a bad ass white chick wanting to fukk him back and he giving her the stiff arm

I think he's a professional and can portray whatever role he needs to portray, if he's chosen..... just continue to have faith in the Mouse
I still can't see it

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I still can't see it

Someone once said he was on that HBO show about some girls and he played his role smooth and suave...... I think he smashed a chick too or something. Again, dudes an actor.... I think he will be ok, any nicca that can pull a chick like Jhene Aiko gotta have a little swag

images

images

1410049687_donald_glover_jhene_aiko_1_77.jpg

810c1b1832a415ca0f530488f0513427.jpg

4ece9d9a81d32291d3c4cd5f69dbd9ae.jpg

images

dd84cd252eb6f2418821e2d8bf754c9e.jpg

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone once said he was on that HBO show about some girls and he played his role smooth and suave...... I think he smashed a chick too or something. Again, dudes an actor.... I think he will be ok, any nicca that can pull a chick like Jhene Aiko gotta have a little swag

images

images

1410049687_donald_glover_jhene_aiko_1_77.jpg

810c1b1832a415ca0f530488f0513427.jpg

4ece9d9a81d32291d3c4cd5f69dbd9ae.jpg

images

dd84cd252eb6f2418821e2d8bf754c9e.jpg
His role on Girls was nothing of note. He smashed Lena Dunham's character and thats nothing to be proud about.

A person of Glover's stature can pull the Jhene's of the world no problem.

Maybe he can pull it off, I don't know, but as of now I just can't see it.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
His role on Girls was nothing of note. He smashed Lena Dunham's character and thats nothing to be proud about.

A person of Glover's stature can pull the Jhene's of the world no problem.

Maybe he can pull it off, I don't know, but as of now I just can't see it.

He smashed Lena Dunham?:scust:

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Yup first episode of season 2, iirc. It was a response to the criticism of season 1 being all white from black women, so Lena let a black dude hit :laugh:

Exactly the point I was making earlier. Critics upset about lack of blacks in Girls, a show based in New York. So they picked a nikka put em in the very first 2 episodes and then never seen em again. I love that Donald gettin paid outchea, but he's starting to get in that Wayne Brady area soon. Where cars feel comfortable with him.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude is nothing like billy dee

They need Mackie or Jason Mitchell for this

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He mustve cut out all that white supremacy talk he was doing,or absolutley nobody was threatened by it....he gets an awful lot of big oppurtunities other black actors never got:mjpls:...better yet,oppurtunities better rappers,who act better never got.

Ezra

Daps
This whole movie is so blasphemous. Han Solo is Harrison Ford and no one else. Lando is Billy Dee and no one else. :damn:

Still will see it opening weekend.:noah:

In other news, they're looking for a non white actress for the female lead. In the comics, Han had a black girl from his past pop up. Would be kind of cool if it was her to tie in canon material.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I don't care if he gets teh role or what, but damn I can't stand when Hollywood uses social media to cast a film. Pick the guy you want, stop trying to get the public to cosign for you.