Donald Glover: "I have more Grammys than Will Smith but I have the same amount of BET Awards as Sam Smith. Does that make sense to yall?“

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
On one side I understand where he’s coming from, he’s always been labeled as corny by most black circles before Atlanta/Redbone. On the other side is a BET award really that meaningful to him over a grammy?

Ideally it should be.

He supports black women creatives and has gone out of his way to do so since the first time he was ever in a position of power (as creator and executive producer of Atlanta)

He coulda did that without all the extra shyt beforehand. And now he's in therapy because of it.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
On one side I understand where he’s coming from, he’s always been labeled as corny by most black circles before Atlanta/Redbone. On the other side is a BET award really that meaningful to him over a grammy?
I think he literally does not care about winning a BET award. He was just trying to jokingly patronize the event. Basically saying the type of quality or authentic music, movies, tv shows he makes or celebs similar will not get recognize at an award show that seems to only highlight or award bubblegum or superficial work.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he literally does not care about winning a BET award. He was just trying to jokingly patronize the event. Basically saying the type of quality or authentic music, movies, tv shows he makes or celebs similar will not get recognize at an award show that seems to only highlight or award bubblegum or superficial work.
:jbhmm:Your saying he being a smug uncle tom:mjpls:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
:jbhmm:Your saying he being a smug uncle tom:mjpls:

d16ae98a236be5dc4cc95b1ab6d58e26

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: