Donald Glover: "I have more Grammys than Will Smith but I have the same amount of BET Awards as Sam Smith. Does that make sense to yall?“

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Yall do know Childish Gambino is a comedian too right? He was clearly joking :mjlol:
It was clearly sarcastic and funny, dude probably wants more BET awards but he doesn't really care. What he really wants is more class at the BET awards and I'm with him on that.
The BET Awards has basically dissolved into the Source Awards of the 90s... all hood ratchet behavior that wasn't always broadcasted to a mainstream audience

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He'd be fine if he had BW support.

He most certainly doesn’t want or need it. We good.
The same Donald Glover who has had a primarily black women writing staff on all his shows?

The same Donald Glover who worked with Mo'Nique after she got blackballed?

@Ziggiy tell them to put some respect on your motherfukkin name :camby:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
He knows black women have a big influence on those awards and he regularly trolls black women so I think this was him being a dikk after someone threw him a bone.

:dame:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

Over a BET award? Really? :gucci:

I didn’t care for his speech honestly but I’m not mad at it. You need more stuff like this so people can care about the bet awards more. People always get fake mad about the Oscars and Grammys every year.. why not let somebody get mad about the BET awards.. especially an artist who you’d think would have a few.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The same Donald Glover who has had a primarily black women writing staff on all his shows?

The same Donald Glover who worked with Mo'Nique after she got blackballed?

@Ziggiy tell them to put some respect on your motherfukkin name :camby:

He knows black women have a big influence on those awards and he regularly trolls black women so I think this was him being a dikk after someone threw him a bone.

:dame:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he was just trying to be funny. I don’t think him not winning a bet awards bothers him not one bit. nikkaz are taking this take too serious.

Remember he did do stand up at one point.