Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea for the show was Donald Glover’s in the first place. He went to Phoebe and asked her to be a part of it. One of Donald’s production partners from Atlanta is the showrunner and co-executive producer. This was always more of a Donald Glover project than a Phoebe Waller- whatever her name is project.

Yeah they tripping. The only reason I was interested was Glover. If he’s attached, I’m watching it. Had nothing to do with the cavewhore.
Donald's attached, I'm watching. I forgot Donald presented the idea.

When I said appeal, I'm more so talking about how the studio and media was pushing it, as this big collab between the two.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Pass, :mjlol:

mr and mrs smith doesn't have enough of a world or lore to need any remakes, spinups or whatever outside the original movie. It was just a movie written so they could have angelina and brad pitt do something together at the height of their popularity when they were married. and thats the reason it was successful.

this is like doing a men in black movie without will smith.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pass, :mjlol:

mr and mrs smith doesn't have enough of a world or lore to need any remakes, spinups or whatever outside the original movie. It was just a movie written so they could have angelina and brad pitt do something together at the height of their popularity when they were married. and thats the reason it was successful.

this is like doing a men in black movie without will smith.
They weren't married when they made the movie.

With the right creatives behind it, which this has, I think you can get a lot out of a married couple that are spies. shyt, Archer is on like its 12th season. You can make the first season about them trying to kill each other.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They weren't married when they made the movie.

With the right creatives behind it, which this has, I think you can get a lot out of a married couple that are spies. shyt, Archer is on like its 12th season. You can make the first season about them trying to kill each other.
still think it's an uneeded tie in, it doesn't have enough clout to be a cash tie in based off name branding, and if you can write a good story despite it's lack of world building you are basically starting from scratch. might as well just make it an entirely new ip, instead of mr and mrs smith 2