Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Creative differences strikes again :wow:. I wonder what area they weren't seeing eye to eye on.

Curious to see if they get another big name to star opposite him. Either way 2022 is shaping up to be a big year for him with the return of Atlanta.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Fleabag was great, but honestly considering how hands on both she and Glover are with project I always thought a collaboration would be really hard.

Like they basically both have production teams and companies, but they are going to share creative vision and final say?

Also the Mr and Mrs Smith IP is overrated?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Issa and Michaela might both be too busy with their own projects, considering all the things they juggle though.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I kinda think the entire premise of the show hinged on these two coming together to make it. It might not even be worth it to continue it with someone else
Yeah, a big part of the appeal was that you had these two auteurs/actors coming together to create something together.

The idea for the show was Donald Glover’s in the first place. He went to Phoebe and asked her to be a part of it. One of Donald’s production partners from Atlanta is the showrunner and co-executive producer. This was always more of a Donald Glover project than a Phoebe Waller- whatever her name is project.

Hopefully they get a Black woman to co-star in this. I think Teyonah Parris would be EXCELLENT or maybe an up and comer like Chante Adams

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The idea for the show was Donald Glover’s in the first place. He went to Phoebe and asked her to be a part of it. One of Donald’s production partners from Atlanta is the showrunner and co-executive producer. This was always more of a Donald Glover project than a Phoebe Waller- whatever her name is project.

Hopefully they get a Black woman to co-star in this. I think Teyonah Parris would be EXCELLENT or maybe an up and comer like Chante Adams
Yeah they tripping. The only reason I was interested was Glover. If he’s attached, I’m watching it. Had nothing to do with the cavewhore.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Season 4 of Atlanta is being filmed right now. Season 3 is already in the can. If Atlanta ends sooner than later, it'll have more to do with the doors Atlanta opened for the actors in it rather than this show.