Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of Music, what classic Movie/Tv has he produced

And also Atlanta is a niche show. Still a lot of blacks people never watched it or know the actors in it. It’s not iconic

It’s not even on Boondocks level :banderas:

Something like “everybody hates Chris” is even more known and respected so does that make Chris Rock better than Glover?

He needs a “Cosby show/Martin/Fresh prince” level type show to be considered the GOAT of this generation

I’m a Donald Glover fan as you are but :hubie:

I’m talking actual cultural impact on regular people and within the black community not industry awards given to its peers in a artist sense

Maybe we are comparing apples and oranges :manny:

Fair enough but you’re just sayin This era is weak.

Times change but timeless shows stand the test of time

I dunno what era boondocks or everybody hates Chris really belong because I still see references to them today online

Let’s see how well “Atlanta” fares in 10 years

And the best thing about boondocks is you could enjoy it surface level or go deeper

Atlanta is kinda a more sophisticated humor that not really directed at “blacks” per se.

Like I said, depends how you define as “your” and what is this “era”. Not everyone might see from your perspective and define it the same.

Donald glover is bigger to me as musician and maybe more respected as an artist overall if you consider everything he does.... kinda like Tyler the creator

:blessed: Donald Glover drawing in the black audience

‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ Shoots Up Streaming Top 10 | Chart PRO AVAILABLE TO WRAPPRO MEMBERS Black households over-indexed by 52% on the new Amazon series starring Donald Glover and Maya Erksine

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Fair enough but you’re just sayin This era is weak.

Times change but timeless shows stand the test of time

I dunno what era boondocks or everybody hates Chris really belong because I still see references to them today online

Let’s see how well “Atlanta” fares in 10 years

And the best thing about boondocks is you could enjoy it surface level or go deeper

Atlanta is kinda a more sophisticated humor that not really directed at “blacks” per se.

Like I said, depends how you define as “your” and what is this “era”. Not everyone might see from your perspective and define it the same.

Donald glover is bigger to me as musician and maybe more respected as an artist overall if you consider everything he does.... kinda like Tyler the creator

I think that's short selling him in terms of creativity imo, cause his TV, film work >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But I think Atlanta is gonna age just find.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State

2 in the chest one in the head

the-wire-jamie-hector.gif

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t finished this but this show is legit. I had doubts based on just the initial concept but the actual concept is awesome. He could actually solidify his creative side and expand the whole “company” setup by having a different famous/celebrity couple Mr annd Mrs Smith every season.

Edit: gun play and fight scenes are pretty terrible in last ep, though..

Last edited:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Just finished watching. Had a feeling it was gonna end on a cliffhanger because I was watching the runtime in the final 10 minutes lol

Jane #1 definitely got the upperhand. Likely ducked on Jane #2 and did a headshot