Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is hands down the greatest thing to happen to film in my life time.

Don’t overrate him breh :whoa:

He would need another Atlanta caliber type show/movie to solidify him

Mr/Mrs smith was like an appetizer

I’d rather he do a completely new original project than another season

I don’t think we need another season of them fighting and the way it ended pretty much was the perfect cliffhanger so let’s leave it at that

A second season would probably be a letdown

I wanna see Donald glover get back to some weird sci-fi/supernatural content :manny:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Don’t overrate him breh :whoa:

He would need another Atlanta caliber type show/movie to solidify him

Mr/Mrs smith was like an appetizer

I’d rather he do a completely new original project than another season

I don’t think we need another season of them fighting and the way it ended pretty much was the perfect cliffhanger so let’s leave it at that

A second season would probably be a letdown

I wanna see Donald glover get back to some weird sci-fi/supernatural content :manny:

respectfully I disagree. You know his resume. Who else is doing it on THAT level representing?

I don't want him to do what you want because its 2 niche. You can only take that so far.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
respectfully I disagree. You know his resume. Who else is doing it on THAT level representing?

I don't want him to do what you want because its 2 niche. You can only take that so far.

Outside of Music, what classic Movie/Tv has he produced

And also Atlanta is a niche show. Still a lot of blacks people never watched it or know the actors in it. It’s not iconic

It’s not even on Boondocks level :banderas:

Something like “everybody hates Chris” is even more known and respected so does that make Chris Rock better than Glover?

He needs a “Cosby show/Martin/Fresh prince” level type show to be considered the GOAT of this generation

I’m a Donald Glover fan as you are but :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

And also Atlanta is a niche show. Still a lot of blacks people never watched it or know the actors in it. It’s not iconic

Something like “everybody hates Chris” is even more respected so does that make Chris Rock better than Glover?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m talking actual cultural impact on regular people and within the black community not industry awards given to its peers in a artist sense

Maybe we are comparing apples and oranges :manny:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

It’s not even on Boondocks level :banderas:

Something like “everybody hates Chris” is even more known and respected so does that make Chris Rock better than Glover?

He needs a “Cosby show/Martin/Fresh prince” level type show to be considered the GOAT of this generation

I think pinning creatives against each other in Hollywood is counter-productive.....

Atlanta was commercially successful and iconic in a lot of ways....

boondocks was a cartoon that was satire.....and unfortunately I think a lot of the fanbase didn't understand the satire part. Do I need 2 go further?

Sitcoms from the 90s are hard to compare 2 whats going on RN. Thats why I said in my ERA. You're recalling shyt like 20 years n some. There hasn't been anything since.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think pinning creatives against each other in Hollywood is counter-productive.....

Atlanta was commercially successful and iconic in a lot of ways....

boondocks was a cartoon that was satire.....and unfortunately I think a lot of the fanbase didn't understand the satire part. Do I need 2 go further?

Sitcoms from the 90s are hard to compare 2 whats going on RN. Thats why I said in my ERA. You're recalling shyt like 20 years n some. There hasn't been anything since.

Fair enough but you’re just sayin This era is weak.

Times change but timeless shows stand the test of time

I dunno what era boondocks or everybody hates Chris really belong because I still see references to them today online

Let’s see how well “Atlanta” fares in 10 years

And the best thing about boondocks is you could enjoy it surface level or go deeper

Atlanta is kinda a more sophisticated humor that not really directed at “blacks” per se.

Like I said, depends how you define as “your” and what is this “era”. Not everyone might see from your perspective and define it the same.

Donald glover is bigger to me as musician and maybe more respected as an artist overall if you consider everything he does.... kinda like Tyler the creator

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Finally finished. Show was cool. I’d give it a 7.5/10. It was shot beautifully.

I see Donald Glover still out here writing these open-ended endings tho. :beli: