Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:
We got a million shows like that, that shyt is a boring, stupid, waste of everyone’s time.

This show IS escapism. We don’t want a cheap cookie cutter, carnival ride of cliche’s, the show runners don’t want that either. That fukks up our long term enjoyment AND their money.

If it was the way you wanted it, we’d all one and done it, complain about it, clown it, and forget about it.

Instead it’s critically acclaimed, cac’s are crying, and it will be remembered, just like Atlanta.

that nikka probably in theater last saturday watching that pos flop Argylle fantasizing about being Henry Cavill looking like :mjlol:

giphy.gif

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
i'd say they're about equal.

there are times jane fukked up, times where john did...and then there were times they both were on some good spy shyt

I'm hearing some reviews that put Jane above John, which I'm like "Did we watch the same show?"

When Jane first started getting those messages from Hi Hi, I thought she was getting played.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm hearing some reviews that put Jane above John, which I'm like "Did we watch the same show?"

When Jane first started getting those messages from Hi Hi, I thought she was getting played.
hihi really fukked them both :russ:

that other mr/mrs smith were savage

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
i'd say they're about equal.

there are times jane fukked up, times where john did...and then there were times they both were on some good spy shyt

John is good when he’s super focused or feels like he has a point to prove but the Spy life was never something he was “All In” on and thats his fatal flaw

Jane is always locked in which makes her more consistent and why HiHi preferred her to take the “lead”. Jane is also more logical but she’s also insecure and full of self doubt and a bit of self loathing. When faced with a problem that exacerbates these issues she has problems emotionally coping.

Thats why they were paired together. They balance one another out, whats ironic is that them falling in love is what actually led their three fails

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
John is good when he’s super focused or feels like he has a point to prove but the Spy life was never something he was “All In” on and thats his fatal flaw

Jane is always locked in which makes her more consistent and why HiHi preferred her to take the “lead”. Jane is also more logical but she’s also insecure and full of self doubt and a bit of self loathing. When faced with a problem that exacerbates these issues she has problems emotionally coping.

Thats why they were paired together. They balance one another out, whats ironic is that them falling in love is what actually led their three fails

This is making me want to do a count.
Ep #1 - The Package - Draw
Ep #2 - Truth Serum - Draw
Ep #3 - Mountain - Jane
Ep #4 - The Other John and Jane - John is the one that seemingly did most of the killing
Ep#5 - Hellboy is a Baby - John gets them out
Ep #6
a) I guess Jane did the dirty work, even though she jumped the gun imo
b) John gets Asthma - Jane
c) We don't know how that played out - draw
Ep #7 - Draw. Ol girl gets away because Jane (like she did in Ep#6) couldn't keep it in her pants.
Ep #8 - Other John and Jane come back - We don't know how it ends.

John - 2
Jane - 2
Draw/No Resolution - 4

If Jane let him do his job in episode 6, I'd give the edge to John.

Unless we're grading on being conscientious or something. I can't see how people see Jane as the clearly better spy. I would not be surprised if
HiHi
gets that impression because of what she writes.

If Hi Hi didn't say a thing, I don't think anyone would put Jane on top.

If there wasn't that one particular sub plot, nobody would be saying it.

In terms of movie spies, if we're judging by Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy standards or James Bond standards - neither is individually good, nor are they good as a team.

But damn, this was a great show to start the year.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is making me want to do a count.
Ep #1 - The Package - Draw
Ep #2 - Truth Serum - Draw
Ep #3 - Mountain - Jane
Ep #4 - The Other John and Jane - John is the one that seemingly did most of the killing
Ep#5 - Hellboy is a Baby - John gets them out
Ep #6
a) I guess Jane did the dirty work, even though she jumped the gun imo
b) John gets Asthma - Jane
c) We don't know how that played out - draw
Ep #7 - Draw. Ol girl gets away because Jane (like she did in Ep#6) couldn't keep it in her pants.
Ep #8 - Other John and Jane come back - We don't know how it ends.

John - 2
Jane - 2
Draw/No Resolution - 4

If Jane let him do his job in episode 6, I'd give the edge to John.

Unless we're grading on being conscientious or something. I can't see how people see Jane as the clearly better spy. I would not be surprised if
HiHi
gets that impression because of what she writes.

If Hi Hi didn't say a thing, I don't think anyone would put Jane on top.

If there wasn't that one particular sub plot, nobody would be saying it.

In terms of movie spies, if we're judging by Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy standards or James Bond standards - neither is individually good, nor are they good as a team.

But damn, this was a great show to start the year.

HiHi put Jane on top because she had more ENTHUSIASM for the job which is why John is good only when he’s locked in. The series tells us from the very beginning that John was doing the gig basically for the financial security it offered. He says it several times throughout. Jane was looking for somewhere to “belong” and to prove herself which is why she latched onto the job from the beginning.

Jane is more “book” smart and efficient than John but John is better with people. Thats why Jane is always complaining that people like John better than her because she’s not a people person

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:beli:

Did you even watch the first Mr and Mrs. Smith? I am going to guess not.
I was saying that impossibly attractive people, doing impossible things. If that is not escapism I don't what is.
When I say escapism, I talking about the plot, but you had to make it about some gay shyt.
:russ:lol I get what you’re saying bruh and I agree. The first Mr and Mrs Smith entire marketing ploy and pitch. Was a spy flick featuring extremely attractive people doing the impossible. They could’ve cast an attractive black couple, or an attractive couple in general but they didn’t. The whole existence of this reboot seems to be to subvert. The audience expectations of what we associated the first movie with and that subversive. Is a spy show featuring an average looking couple doing the impossible.

Last edited:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I thought they were about even. Jane could’ve blown up a few missions due to her anger issues.