Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yeah.... This show needed way more dark comedy and less melodramatics. The show was clearly at its best when lean super hard into the comedy and drag when it try to be serious.

Action scenes were great. I was kind of taken back at all the locations and cameos. It felt like a blockbuster production. A+ production and I had to double check this being an Amazon production. Amazon always be cutting corners on these series in one area or another. Aesthetically, I really don't see any flaws in the production side at all. Really competent filmmaking.

The premise is way too silly for the show to try this hard to be serious. Just hours of bytching about real world relationship problems in the most ridiculous circumstances. They try hard to blend the humor and melodramatic, but they go too hard/deep in conflicting personality descension and dissecting borderline personality disorders to the point where you just laughing at someone getting kicked on the ground. It's just miserable to laugh at people with accurately protrayed mental illnesses for the duration that they do it. It's supposed to be quick, subtle, and impactful not painful, drawn out, and beating a dead horse.

The second half of the series is intense amount on dwelling on mental illness and incompatibility while making a Glover a masochist.

Earn got lost in the sauce (as he tends to do sometimes) tryna delve into the deep side of the pool behind the psyche of interracial relationships and just relationships in general at times. Like, he really just wanted to do a character study on it so bad, but that ain't getting greenlit as quick as a Mr and Mrs Smith backdrop behind it.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
quando sei qui con me
questa stanza non ha piu pareti
ma alberi, alberi infiniti

PXdjGFH.png

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I will be that guy.

I loved this fukking show and will be sad if more doesn't come with the same characters. This was a bigger surprise to me than Twisted Metal was.

They set up this cool narrative of battling other Smiths and other aspects of the organization.

The action wasn't John Wick tier, but probably the best that I've witnessed in a TV series in a long time.

Dialogue was fantastic and so grounded well in reality.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They set up this cool narrative of battling other Smiths and other aspects of the organization.

The action wasn't John Wick tier, but probably the best that I've witnessed in a TV series in a long time.

Dialogue was fantastic and so grounded well in reality.
As a dude who loved shows like Seinfeld and Archer, I appreciate regular ass conversation framing some other narrative. It was so good that I bought the jump from John and Jane getting it on to talking about where they wanted to live together like a literal 2 episodes later with Ron Pearlman.

Also I see some cats talking down but:hubie:I found Jane to be attractive. The actress is nice in a "women I actually see out and about every day" kinda way. The action we did get was well placed (the cake exploding I expected but I ABSOLUTELY did not see it causing chaos right after they leave the house) and there is actually enough juice that if this couple makes it, they could do interesting things for one more season.