Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
After a ep and a half I'm definitely feeling this. Just wish the Asian chick was a little easier on the eyes. She holding down the role though and the on screen chemistry/tension is good so it's a bit of a minor gripe.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
They better extend this shyt for another season. This is only half the movie and it gets really good before ending on a cliffhanger.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i'd rather have seen wagner moura and eiza gonzales (or ursula corbero, also with a short cameo) as the leads

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Yeah.... This show needed way more dark comedy and less melodramatics. The show was clearly at its best when lean super hard into the comedy and drag when it try to be serious.

Action scenes were great. I was kind of taken back at all the locations and cameos. It felt like a blockbuster production. A+ production and I had to double check this being an Amazon production. Amazon always be cutting corners on these series in one area or another. Aesthetically, I really don't see any flaws in the production side at all. Really competent filmmaking.

The premise is way too silly for the show to try this hard to be serious. Just hours of bytching about real world relationship problems in the most ridiculous circumstances. They try hard to blend the humor and melodramatic, but they go too hard/deep in conflicting personality descension and dissecting borderline personality disorders to the point where you just laughing at someone getting kicked on the ground. It's just miserable to laugh at people with accurately protrayed mental illnesses for the duration that they do it. It's supposed to be quick, subtle, and impactful not painful, drawn out, and beating a dead horse.

The second half of the series is intense amount on dwelling on mental illness and incompatibility while making a Glover a masochist.

Last edited:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Finished binging last night

Piff storytelling. I feel like I want to watch it again which rarely happens with these shows.

Ballsy move to make more intellectual than full on action like the movie. I don’t know if it’ll pay off though but considering the ending could go multiple ways, I’m here for a season 2.