Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:russ: why is that ?
Man I can't really even put my finger on it. He just a...dweeb. Just some of the stuff he has said in interviews and the way he carries himself, he reminds me of black men I have met that really strive to be seen as something other than a black man. Like if had to make this show with a black woman as his love interest he probably would have cancelled the whole thing.

He black in color but not in culture is the best way I can describe it.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Man I can't really even put my finger on it. He just a...dweeb. Just some of the stuff he has said in interviews and the way he carries himself, he reminds me of black men I have met that really strive to be seen as something other than a black man. Like if had to make this show with a black woman as his love interest he probably would have cancelled the whole thing.

Who Is Donald Glover's Wife? All About Michelle White

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Anyone watch this whole series 1 yet without spoilers is it worth watching ???… I seen it advertised was about to peep it ……

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:leon:

This was really fun overall. Liked that it didn’t take itself too serious, and the leads found themselves in ridiculous situations as any average joe that wound up in a spy agency would. Enjoyed the beginning more-so than the back half. I get what they were trying to do with the therapy episode, but I ultimately couldn’t connect with that one.

Didn’t have an issue with the two being green as hell at their jobs at the start. There was actually a point in the show where I thought the old lady they intercepted the box from would call out their conspicuous behavior. It’s an element that I wish the show dove further in, and prevents it from being another ‘Citadel’ type spy show. They go from inexperienced to ‘007’ run and gun mode after what I believe is a time jump in the fifth episode.

Mad parallels with ‘Beef’ here. Cliffhanger aside, which I still don’t know how to feel about yet…this was a solid turn-out.

I hope Mama is alright. :lupe:

Never watched the 2005 flick. Never will. Do not give a shyt about “Bradgelina” but I hope the scorned fans of that movie can realize that the show is doing its own thing. I want to see this crew tackle more stuff. There’s this polish on every project Glover’s team is associated with. It’s like the Nintendo seal of quality for television. Like I’m guaranteed to have a good time at the end of the day.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

I’ve got a nephew just like him, super smart, precocious, and aware of his culture but just no self awareness and awkward as shyt. I think it’s a generational thing.
:yeshrug: