Donald Glover creating and starring in a ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ TV series

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It looks very good. However, I would think Donald had enough cache to call this something else so it doesnt draw direct comparisons to the movie. Thinking of Mr. and Mrs. Smith you think of the star power of the two leads.

Donald has star power, but him with this chick just doesnt exude that from the trailer. Which makes it seem miscast. Seems like he could have produced and had Michael B. Jordan or Yayha Abdul Mateen and Lupita or Zoe Saldana.

However, its possible thats exactly the point. Donald and this chick dont look like stars. Just run of the mill everyday people who happen to be assassins. :ehh:

if brad pitt came back and was his glover mentor/OG/big homie in this show :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I figured with the spy format, they would maybe drop a couple episodes first, then shift to weekly. I know Amazon, Hulu, Apple do that for some of their shows. But maybe the full show works better as a binge. Just know that sometimes dropping all at once can leave projects to come and go quickly.

The streamers care about “Hours watched” like labels care about first week sales. Thats the way the industry is now. Usually if a show is airing weekly on a streamer it has a big star attached to it that is supposed to guarantee long term buy in or a show-runner who made a big wave in network television and wants to retain their way of doing things. Streaming services would rather put out the whole season and judge its success or failure based on how many hours people watched the show, so if the series is 8 episodes at 30 mins each the streamer ideally wants to retain a maximum audience at least 6 episodes in.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you think happens if we fail?

Our marriage?

:pachaha:

I wasnt interested in the series but Im gonna see it now.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This actually looks pretty good.

The Erskine chick is nice looking but not turn your head gorgeous. So I could buy her being in rich circles like a Melinda Gates type but nobody remembers what she looks ala Melinda Gates,

They had a black Mr and Mrs Smith. it was called Undercovers and had Gugu Mbatha-Raw in it and you fools didn’t watch it!!!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

The Erskine chick is nice looking but not turn your head gorgeous. So I could buy her being in rich circles like a Melinda Gates type but nobody remembers what she looks ala Melinda Gates,

They had a black Mr and Mrs Smith. it was called Undercovers and had Gugu Mbatha-Raw in it and you fools didn’t watch it!!!

I remember that! With Boris Khudjo

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

1st thing I saw Gugu in :wow:. Really wanted the show to be better than it was.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Very solid trailer. Curious as to why they decided to drop all episodes at once, seems like it would work well for a mission of the week format.
Amazon usually does all at once. They changed it for the boys only I think after it blew up