Don Cheadle found a way to get on HBO without Ocean with No Sudden Move (7/1)

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
So Mr man of integrity had no problem being seen as someone who takes bribes? :comeon:

I def don’t buy he was concerned about Don snitching on Matt Damon. Who would listen to anything this random nikka had to say? He has zero proof with the document back in Damon’s hands.
a coo taking a bribe is a coo taking a bribe. A cop killing someone you know has incriminating evidence against a major player tips folks off to who he works for. That then compromises him and his boss who is supposed to be on the up and up

Daps
a coo taking a bribe is a coo taking a bribe. A cop killing someone you know has incriminating evidence against a major player tips folks off to who he works for. That then compromises him and his boss who is supposed to be on the up and up
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. Hamm didn’t need to kill Don. Could’ve just locked him up and let the state kill him like a cop with good integrity would do.

Unless you’re telling me he was a dirty cop except when dealing with Matt Damon where he becomes a saint for some reason.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. Hamm didn’t need to kill Don. Could’ve just locked him up and let the state kill him like a cop with good integrity would do.

Unless you’re telling me he was a dirty cop except when dealing with Matt Damon where he becomes a saint for some reason.

if he arrests Don, whats to stop Don from telling someone about the entire situation? Maybe it helps him, maybe not, but now his boss’ name possibly gets out there and he starts getting scrutinized which would be the last thing a guy like that would want. The only way to ensure he doesn’t talk is to kill him. Remember Don is a black dude in the 50s who would have no earthly reason to know Damon or even his name and he would be telling someone a story of selling him a prototype of something he should have no reason to know about for the equivalent of millions of dollars. Somebody would care to hear about that. The cop clearly works for Damon so he needs to protect him. Arresting Don puts that at risk. Killing him himself puts that at risk. Accepting a bribe doesn’t because it only betrays self interest and nothing about another party

Daps
if he arrests Don, whats to stop Don from telling someone about the entire situation?
I just don’t see how this is a legitimate threat. Don’s arrested for 3 murders and starts yapping craziness…why would anyone take him seriously? A Black man in 1950s America?

They did nothing to suggest Hamm was worried about Don squealing. This is just something you’re conjuring up to try to make it make sense. It’s not like he assured Matt Damon that he got rid of that “problem”.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I just don’t see how this is a legitimate threat. Don’s arrested for 3 murders and starts yapping craziness…why would anyone take him seriously? A Black man in 1950s America?

They did nothing to suggest Hamm was worried about Don squealing. This is just something you’re conjuring up to try to make it make sense. It’s not like he assured Matt Damon that he got rid of that “problem”.

You’re overthinking it.
- regardless of who he is, a man telling stories about things he should know nothing about is enough to make someone raise an eyebrow. These are major corporations we’re talking about. To act like there is no risk there at all is silly.
- if he’s arrested for the murders you don’t think anyone will ask why this random negro killed a mob boss and two unconnected white criminals? The entire reason he was in the accountants house in the first place points towards some level of corruption or corporate espionage
- they were clearly covering tracks as the cop followed ol girl and took her money, knowing she wasnt a threat because of, ya know, murdering folks.
- the cops were waiting outside the hotel to snatch dude up but wouldve had no reason to know the black mob was going to be there. An opportunity presented itself to make his boss $50k AND not have to pop dude while not giving the game away.
I dont know why this is complicated for you or far fetched. Its pretty straight forward :yeshrug:

Daps
You’re overthinking it.
- regardless of who he is, a man telling stories about things he should know nothing about is enough to make someone raise an eyebrow. These are major corporations we’re talking about. To act like there is no risk there at all is silly.
- if he’s arrested for the murders you don’t think anyone will ask why this random negro killed a mob boss and two unconnected white criminals? The entire reason he was in the accountants house in the first place points towards some level of corruption or corporate espionage
- they were clearly covering tracks as the cop followed ol girl and took her money, knowing she wasnt a threat because of, ya know, murdering folks.
- the cops were waiting outside the hotel to snatch dude up but wouldve had no reason to know the black mob was going to be there. An opportunity presented itself to make his boss $50k AND not have to pop dude while not giving the game away.
I dont know why this is complicated for you or far fetched. Its pretty straight forward :yeshrug:

As I said from the beginning, taking the bribe seems out of character for a guy who was painted as Honest Hamm from his final scene. He didn’t need to take the bribe to complete his mission, taking it only helped Don. :manny:

You paint Don as this huge threat and dismiss Del Toro’s broad as not being a threat. Hamm had no idea what she knew. Don was a known criminal; him being mixed in with mob murders would not have been strange. He was already infamous on Detroit streets for stealing the ledger. He wasn’t a civilian.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Proof that Cheadle be coasting during those Marvel films. Breh can still act.
It’s not that he’s coasting, those movies literally just don’t give him anything to do. The way those movies repeatedly underuse him is one of my biggest gripes with that entire franchise.

he’s amazing in Black Monday on Showtime.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Del Toros fate.

:mjlol:

For strange reason Matt Damon just felt outa place in this.
I like Matt but this def coulda used the talents of Bizarro Matt Damon.

:francis:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally just finished it. I enjoyed it

The lil kid had me wanting to punch him throughout the movie

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Del Toros fate.

:mjlol:

For strange reason Matt Damon just felt outa place in this.
I like Matt but this def coulda used the talents of Bizarro Matt Damon.

:francis:

it was supposed to be Clooney apparently. 9 times out of 10 I’d take Damon over him but in this case he might’ve been better. I still fukked with Damon’s performance tho