Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

lib123

All Star
Daps
Kurt, Kobe, Pelinka, Magic, Phil, they're all are/were apart of her brain trust. She's influenced by all of them. Kurt isnt a straggler in the Laker World even Dr Buss was high on him. Kurt was involved in the coaching search when we got Vogel and Kobe was alive then.

Unfortunately if Kobe was here we'd still be doing stupid shyt. Kobe was alive when we were dikkriding KCP to get in Klutch's good graces. When Bron signed here we were gonna do what Klutch wanted regardless, which is what guys like me and @O.T.I.S. were saying from the beginning but nikkas were in denial.

At the end of the day we didnt get Westbrook cuz of Rob's or any stragglers influence. Getting RW ruined the team and the FO isn't built to tell Bron no. Only Pat Riley has done that and Im sure Dr Buss or Phil would've. But thats it

What has Kurt Rambis done to improve the Lakers? He's primarily involved because Jeanie is friends with his wife. No other NBA front office would hire him. I'm not doubting we'd still be doing dumb things with Kobe alive, but I'm sure he at least would've told Jeanie how foolish the decisions are. Kobe was objective in his advice, he didn't have any personal agenda aside from seeing the Lakers win.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
What has Kurt Rambis done to improve the Lakers? He's primarily involved because Jeanie is friends with his wife. No other NBA front office would hire him. I'm not doubting we'd still be doing dumb things with Kobe alive, but I'm sure he at least would've told Jeanie how foolish the decisions are. Kobe was objective in his advice, he didn't have any personal agenda aside from seeing the Lakers win.

Rambis was known for his defense when he was Phil's staff and thats been his focus on his role as special advisor. We've had strong defenses every year since he rejoined in 2018 even when he had losing records. This is the first season since then that our D has been trash. Last year it was #1

Kurt was an assistant coach for us from 1994-2009 and was close with Phil. Jeanie being friends with his wife plays a part but once Jeanie fired her brother she wanted guys she trusted around her. Magic, Kurt, Pelinka......those are the guys.

I dont think Kurt is as big of a villain has people make him to be. A few weeks ago it was said Kurt was making lineup suggestion because he wanted Dwight or DJ in there.....that's just the defensive minded coach in him. We're 27th in points against average I dont see how he's so wrong for making lineup suggestions.

Also, Kobe my nikka but I think Pelinka getting the GM was in part from a personal agenda on his part. But generally you're right, he moved against Jim so we could get Bron and cosigned Dwight because he just wanted to win.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Rambis was known for his defense when he was Phil's staff and thats been his focus on his role as special advisor. We've had strong defenses every year since he rejoined in 2018 even when he had losing records. This is the first season since then that our D has been trash. Last year it was #1

Kurt was an assistant coach for us from 1994-2009 and was close with Phil. Jeanie being friends with his wife plays a part but once Jeanie fired her brother she wanted guys she trusted around her. Magic, Kurt, Pelinka......those are the guys.

I dont think Kurt is as big of a villain has people make him to be. A few weeks ago it was said Kurt was making lineup suggestion because he wanted Dwight or DJ in there.....that's just the defensive minded coach in him. We're 27th in points against average I dont see how he's so wrong for making lineup suggestions.

Also, Kobe my nikka but I think Pelinka getting the GM was in part from a personal agenda on his part. But generally you're right, he moved against Jim so we could get Bron and cosigned Dwight because he just wanted to win.

He's not a villain but other teams aren't fighting to get him in their FO. Especially in today's offense-driven NBA. His current influence comes primarily from his wife's friendship with Jeanie.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Nah she also said in interviews that she's asked for advice on signings like Dwight Howard. Kobe was definitely more involved.

It’s clear that Kobe was in the shadows waving the magic wand. His one overt move was getting Pelinka the job.

But it doesn’t take genius level hindsight to see that this dumbass franchise flushed the young core for street clothes and dudes that were popping in like 2010.

Right now you KNOW LeTradeDealine wishes he was surrounded by Zo, BI, Hart, Caruso and, fukk it, throw Kuz’s fashion week ass in there too. Them lil brehs were trade assets from day one and 2-3 years later we all see what they’re all worth now.

Now if Jeanie and Co can accept that bubble ring as a success then I guess it was worth those trades but this team is fukked moving forward. Literally the whole roster needs to be rebuilt. They better pray Zion magically heals or Melo wants to come back home and get away from Charlotte.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Bembry can’t shoot. I tell you that as someone who lives in New York. He’s an upgrade over most of our defenders though.