Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well atleast Mitch got it done :lolbron:

Mitch was notorious for never making deals tf lmaoo. There’s a reason why do it Mitch was so popular. Hell they even wrote articles about Mitch being the only GM that played fair and didn’t discuss deals before free agency like all the other gms did and it cost us

Daps
You’d still have to find a team willing to take on his expiring and have something you want in return at the same time.
Yep. Going to have to take back some shytty contracts and hope to rehab them to get something better. Basically, if I were the Lakers, play out next year with Russ and just retool with all the cap space. This is the team for the rest of this season and next if I were to guess. Basically half the roster will be with new players anyway.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Pelinka was getting plenty of scrutiny a few years ago from nikkas like me but the rest of y’all were crying about Magic :mjlol:

keep moving the goalposts nikka. Only 4 players on this team don’t have minimum deals and 3 of em are on Klutch and one of em is fukking THT:russ:
And ya'll were celebrating when this front office decided not to trade THT at the last deadline for Lowry. Lakers traded two Klutch clients over the summer, the idea that Klutch is strong-arming Pelinka is just a convenient excuse for his inability to function as a competent GM. Lebron has a tremendous amount of influence on the front office but Pelinka/Jeanie are the ultimate decision-makers and they have failed time and time again.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nah she also said in interviews that she's asked for advice on signings like Dwight Howard. Kobe was definitely more involved.

and did Dwight not redeem himself on the team that season? And the Dwight thing is specific to Kobe cuz of the 2013 shyt. Kobe aint have shyt to do with Russ or this disaster of a team, stop deflecting cornball.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
u guys blaming Kurt and Rob when it's JEANIE who's at fault. Who do you think put these guys in position? This is why having a female owner is problematic. They're way too sentimental. She literally just hired Kurt because her best friend is Linda and Linda probably asked her for a favor. Ever since Jeanie took over, the only good season we've had was a bubble season. Think about it... and she's not going anywhere. this franchise is staying with the Buss family.
And simply hired Rob because he was Kobe's agent and he asked her too.

lib123

All Star
Daps
and did Dwight not redeem himself on the team that season? And the Dwight thing is specific to Kobe cuz of the 2013 shyt. Kobe aint have shyt to do with Russ or this disaster of a team, stop deflecting cornball.

I'm not saying Kobe had anything to do with Russ fool. I'm saying Jeanie was less influenced by Rambis and other stragglers because she also ran things by Kobe when he was alive. A lot of these foolish decisions would've been avoided if Kobe was still here.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying Kobe had anything to do with Russ fool. I'm saying Jeanie was less influenced by Rambis and other stragglers because she also ran things by Kobe when he was alive. A lot of these foolish decisions would've been avoided if Kobe was still here.

Kurt, Kobe, Pelinka, Magic, Phil, they're all are/were apart of her brain trust. She's influenced by all of them. Kurt isnt a straggler in the Laker World even Dr Buss was high on him. Kurt was involved in the coaching search when we got Vogel and Kobe was alive then.

Unfortunately if Kobe was here we'd still be doing stupid shyt. Kobe was alive when we were dikkriding KCP to get in Klutch's good graces. When Bron signed here we were gonna do what Klutch wanted regardless, which is what guys like me and @O.T.I.S. were saying from the beginning but nikkas were in denial.

At the end of the day we didnt get Westbrook cuz of Rob's or any stragglers influence. Getting RW ruined the team and the FO isn't built to tell Bron no. Only Pat Riley has done that and Im sure Dr Buss or Phil would've. But thats it