Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They would, but the Lakers would have to take on bad contracts in return and even then there's no guarantee that those pieces would be enough to help keep whatever championship aspirations they think they have alive. They'd be better off just eating the last year of that deal and starting clean the year after.

Their championship window is over for right now regardless of what move they make next year.
Lakers can trade 2 1st rd picks starting summer, they can get a fringe star. Not that it would turn them into contenders but they will be in a much better position in the summer than now. And be more motivated to move Russ too.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Lakers can trade 2 1st rd picks starting summer, they can get a fringe star. Not that it would turn them into contenders but they will be in a much better position in the summer than now. And be more motivated to move Russ too.

Mortgage those future first round picks and still be no closer to a championship.

They'd be better off just keeping those picks and trying to find a disgruntled superstar that they can sign outright after next season when they have the cap space to do so.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Lakers are smart they will:

1. Put AD on a minutes restriction for the rest of the season. Immediately pull him if he winces even once. He only plays 25 minutes a game max.

2. Put Lebron on a load management schedule. No back to backs, a week or two off thrown in there.

3. Feature Russ. Let him pad stats and get his trade value up for the offseason.

If they make the play-in, throw them all in there and see what happens. If they don't, :yeshrug:
Is this even in question?

I don’t see the Spurs/Blazers or even Sac doing anything to get to 10th

We’ll see how the Queens look but I don’t see it

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Mortgage those future first round picks and still be no closer to a championship.

They'd be better off just keeping those picks and trying to find a disgruntled superstar that they can sign outright after next season when they have the cap space to do so.
I agree with you, I would rather struggle for 2 years but I dont see it lol

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
At what point are yall going to have a serious discussion about Kurt Rambis and Rob Pelinka? I don't think Rambis WANTS to win

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree with you, I would rather struggle for 2 years but I dont see it lol

They're definitely going to do something, but it's one of those situations where patching up the problem isn't going to work and only make it worse. With Bron on the roster though, they have no other choice but to :yeshrug:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
As (almost jokingly) frustrated I am that we didn't make a move, it was the right thing to do. There's no move that gets us past the Warriors or the Suns

If you can move Russ for a star in the offseason, fine. If not, well, roster decisions have consequences